Page 1 but No Results

A number of things could be going on:

1. No traffic
2. Site conversion issues, people just aren't responding
3. Too low on page 1

The fewer the number of queries, the easier it is to rank on the first page. Watertown is the 30th largest city in Wisconsin. There may not be enough searches to warrant targeting so narrowly.

You are on the first page for both life and health when "Watertown" is in the search string, but buried when people search in Wisconsin, or in the surrounding cities.

Watertown is situated between the two largest cities: Milwaukee and Madison. The two have a combined population that is 33 times bigger. You might consider changing your site title from Watertown to Milwaukee-Madison to target higher search volumes.

Just an thought, I would put all the insurance logo's where you have your big ljm logo.

I dont know if I can even do that, the picture changes depending on what you hover over on the right side menu. I have thought about maybe making them smaller and in a moving banner.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The fewer the number of queries, the easier it is to rank on the first page. Watertown is the 30th largest city in Wisconsin. There may not be enough searches to warrant targeting so narrowly.

You are on the first page for both life and health when "Watertown" is in the search string, but buried when people search in Wisconsin, or in the surrounding cities.

Watertown is situated between the two largest cities: Milwaukee and Madison. The two have a combined population that is 33 times bigger. You might consider changing your site title from Watertown to Milwaukee-Madison to target higher search volumes.

That is the reason that the other town names are on the first page. I am in the middle of a cluster of small rural towns. If I could get high ranked for places like Jefferson and Beaver Dam, along with the other smaller towns, It would equal the population of Milwaukee and Madison. I thought about trying for Jefferson and Dodge counties verse the town list. Going after Milwaukee and Madison would take a very large budget, I would think. One of my Issues is how to branch out or open up the location.

Last edited:
Have you set up Google Analytics for your site to see how many impressions (times your site shows on a search) and how many click throughs you are getting? It will also tell you how long people are staying on your site. You may be getting traffic, but it may not be sticking or converting.

Have you done any kind of keyword analysis to see if there are other keywords generating more traffic that you could optimize for? As others have indicated, you may have to broaden your horizon until you find the keyword(s) that will have enough volume.

Your Snippet (website description under your url) is pretty generic. You may want to offer something more compelling than a free quote. But basically, you need to do some analysis to see if you have a traffic issue or a conversion issue.

Also...perhaps you can get a proofreader or copy editor to correct grammar and change content so it is more "pleasing."

It might make a differense.

WebNanny was not used in this post
WebIntentionalMisspelling was used in this post

Have you set up Google Analytics for your site to see how many impressions (times your site shows on a search) and how many click throughs you are getting? It will also tell you how long people are staying on your site. You may be getting traffic, but it may not be sticking or converting.

Have you done any kind of keyword analysis to see if there are other keywords generating more traffic that you could optimize for? As others have indicated, you may have to broaden your horizon until you find the keyword(s) that will have enough volume.

Your Snippet (website description under your url) is pretty generic. You may want to offer something more compelling than a free quote. But basically, you need to do some analysis to see if you have a traffic issue or a conversion issue.

I do have analytics, but to be fully honest, I am not sure of what I am looking at or for. I don't have anything as far as keyword analytics. I am learning on the fly, so I appreciate any help.
Pageviews

Unique Pageviews

Avg. Time on Page

00:03:04
Bounce Rate

52.50%
% Exit

45.20%
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also...perhaps you can get a proofreader or copy editor to correct grammar and change content so it is more "pleasing."

It might make a differense.

WebNanny was not used in this post
WebIntentionalMisspelling was used in this post

(Not being a smartazz), what is it that you find unpleasing? I know my spelling sucks so I run spell check. I will go over it again to see what I missed in that department.

Last edited:
Back