Page Visit to Qoute Conversion

azmedsupagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
i understand there are numerous variables that can affect conversion rates. im just trying to get an idea of what is typical from people that successfully use their website for lead generation.

lets assume content and traffic are reasonably targeted to the purpose of the landing page.

i understand there are numerous variables that can affect conversion rates. im just trying to get an idea of what is typical from people that successfully use their website for lead generation.

lets assume content and traffic are reasonably targeted to the purpose of the landing page.

There is no simple answer to this question. Each keyword term generally has a different rate of conversion, and organic vs ppc traffic can vary wildly.

I've seen anywhere from 20-30% conversion on gross PPC traffic, all the way down to 0% on organic terms that weren't converting. Numbers are all over the place.

The best thing you can do is try to use something like google analytics or piwik to track visits to your thank you page or a "goal" that shows the conversion and what the person was searching for if that data is available. Then you can see which terms you should be focused on.

Google has done the fun thing of blocking about 50% of this data lately, so unless you can generate a lot of traffic to test with you're going to be shooting in the dark to begin with.

thanks for the reply! i was assuming 20-30% would be average for ppc with a well designed page and content relevant to keywords. im going to assume a 15% quote conversion on my ppc keywords should be a reasonable goal to start with.

ive got analytics set up but haven't started my ppc campaigns yet so only time will tell. I mostly just wanted to confirm that my expectations are at least reasonable.

thanks for the reply! i was assuming 20-30% would be average for ppc with a well designed page and content relevant to keywords. im going to assume a 15% quote conversion on my ppc keywords should be a reasonable goal to start with.

ive got analytics set up but haven't started my ppc campaigns yet so only time will tell. I mostly just wanted to confirm that my expectations are at least reasonable.

As a rough guideline, our numbers on PPC generally convert between 15-30% or we abandon the source.

To really get it right, you need to take your cost per lead, the sales percentage, and actually factor all the way out to the cost of acquisition. If your COA is higher than 50-60% of the first year commission you're going to have a hard time unless it's a line that has multiple years of comp.

Fantastic information guys thank you!

At at a 25% conversion and 25% sale rate my cost per sale will be about 28% of first year commission. The cool thing about medicare plans is the commissions are level for at least 6 years so this is definitely a profitable pursuit according to the numbers.

Make sure if possible you factor your COA vs each ppc source or each keyword. This way you can only target PPC that has a positive ROI, and you'll know which organic keywords you should focus on the most because of their conversion rates.

Estimates of the closing/conversion are one thing, but the real world numbers are often a big surprise.

Back