Paramed Exam Question

You maybe correct. I also keep a copy of the app. including the part two medical questions. We do not get fluid results of course. But have them sent to me by client often. Maybe time to add another disclosure.

Prudential has an optional "Authorization to Disclose Medical Information to General Agent or Broker" as part of their ap package. I get it signed and always thought that would be nice for all carriers.

Prudential has an optional "Authorization to Disclose Medical Information to General Agent or Broker" as part of their ap package. I get it signed and always thought that would be nice for all carriers.

I forgot about that.

Thanks, I may rewrite a generic one. Good tip.

I am at the point that I am just going to bullet list a disclosure. contestability, replacement, Med info etc... Going to have to buy a new pen for each app just for the disclosures.

The insurance company pays for them. Make sure you send in the app. even if the client pulls out prior to issue.

Some companies like to order them, same for some GAs. I am a bit of a control freak. I order my own. I also always get copies faxed/emailed to me. I tend to have them before the company. So I fax copies to the case manager. I also refer back to them years later when I write more or rewrite them.

Now, some types of apps you have to let the provider order them. Example is Cinci Life has a Lite App it has to be faxed to examone. They order the exam during the PHI.
the exam?

BTW, same with APS' the company will order and pay for them.

awww Wino. First avatar you've used that just doesn't seem to fit your personality.

BTW, how do you get copies faxed/emailed to you. Do you work with the company doing the exam?

Contact the exam company and they will send you the copy of the paramed exam. If you use portamedic or emsi they post a copy online for you to download.

awww Wino. First avatar you've used that just doesn't seem to fit your personality.

BTW, how do you get copies faxed/emailed to you. Do you work with the company doing the exam?

>>First avatar you've used that just doesn't seem to fit your personality.

Open to suggestions.... Maybe a Hello Kitty.

Yeah, I call in the exam and have a standing order to fax a copy to me. I always remind them also. I use an internet fax, so they come over in a PDF file. I will many times have the exam done prior to sending in the app. To make sure everything jives.

Most agents aren't told what the terms "home office approval" or "authorized exam company" really mean but they should be aware that it's not a statement about anything having to do with the actual medical exams. It's strictly in reference to payment for exams.

"Home office approval" and "authorized exam company" merely designates which exam companies have a contract with the given carrier. A contract which allows them to bill the carrier for exam services. It has very little to do with their quality of work, the skill of their examiners, time service, or their customer service. Simply put; it's about which companies provide exam services for the least amount of money.

In many cases agents receive a list of exam companies they are told to choose from and topping the list as the preferred vendor is usually whichever is cheapest. Many others are told "you don't need to worry about that, we'll take care of it for you". And still others have their exams automatically ordered by the carrier (through an online system) when they turn in their applications.
Those exam requests ending up at a managed scheduling center which is often located many hundreds of miles away from the client.

Most of the exam companies who are "approved" got their approval by undercutting the other exam companies on pricing. Their examiners aren't any more qualified, skilled, or experienced than another company's examiners. In fact, because of undercutting, many exam companies are unable to find experienced examiners or retain good examiners because their pricing doesn't allow them to pay much more than minimum wage.
Taken from another topic in this forum.

And you decided you needed to point this out to me because...?

I know it's an old post but the questions asked still have relevance 2.5 years later. And they'll probably still be relevant on August 11, 2015.

Was I supposed to confer with you first?

And you decided you needed to point this out to me because...?

I know it's an old post but the questions asked still have relevance 2.5 years later. And they'll probably still be relevant on August 11, 2015.

Was I supposed to confer with you first?

No, you can respond to 6 year old threads if you want.

The point is that you constantly are here to remind us to hire an indy examiner, etc. We get it. But most of us that only do a few life apps a year still find it more convenient to have the carrier arrange it or call one of the "big boys."

You don't need to find old threads to beat us over the head. You can use current threads for that.

But knock yourself out. As for me, I love you.

Rick

Back