Parkinsons.............

GoPokes

Guru
1000 Post Club
Just got out of an appointment, he is 60 years old (has parkinsons, takes Azilect) and wants LTC, can it be done? I havent called any underwriters yet since they are all closed right now...

Just got out of an appointment, he is 60 years old (has parkinsons, takes Azilect) and wants LTC, can it be done? I havent called any underwriters yet since they are all closed right now...

too late.

don't waste your time.

Seems like the time has already been wasted. He went on the appointment.

what's amazing is that if an insurance agent doesn't know that parkinsons is an autodecline for LTCi it's not wonder consumers don't know.

The only thing available for him is Kemper's Home Health Care policy. It's not much coverage, but at his age the premium isn't much. They have a prescription benefit that'll almost pay for his premium. It's available in Oklahoma.

As long as he's not in a nursing home/assisted living facility or receiving home health care and can perform his ADL's he'll qualify.

This is the best he can get, and if he can qualify...I don't see how he can go wrong.

If you don't have Kemper, you can get it through Twilight(The Skipper) on the Forum.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I only sell 2 or 3 LTC policies per year, so I just wasnt sure.

Fortunately it wasnt a complete waste of time, Ill probably sell a small annuity, an FE plan, and maybe a medsupp/mapd (he has disability medicare part a, and can enroll in part b). And he wants a Trust, which i refer to a lawyer and get a spiff or referral fee or whatever you wanna call it.

Ill check into the Kemper plan. If he goes with a different health insurance plan than what he has now, Ill save him over $300 per month, so I was hoping I could use some of that money on LTC, maybe this Kemper plan will work.

Last edited:
Back