Part D enrolment period

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I'm pretty sure the answer will be he needs to wait till AEP but checking in case I missed something

Ok speaking to a couple the Wife will be T65 and the husband holds the employer coverage, Now that She is T65 he no longer wants to pay the high premiums and wants to do medicare for both

He has had medicare the whole time few years since he was T65

He stopped working 3 nearly 3 months ago and is out on disability, But and speaking to the wife now, It seems like his coverage can continue even being out on disability. at least it has for the last 11 weeks

Now he does not at all qualify for sep for drug plan right or am I missing something?

If he has Parts A and B of Medicare but is also still covered by the employer plan and its drug coverage is creditable, doesn't he have 63 days from the date of dropping the employer plan to enroll in Part D? He would just have to answer the drug plan's question form to show he has had other creditable drug coverage since turning 65.

SEP leaving employer coverage.

Even if he is not losing coverage because of this?

That is where I am stuck he left work 3 months ago, and I get the indication his coverage will not stop except for him cancelling

I remember having issues with people who retired and had plan though employer for a few years and wanted out and had to wait till AEP because they did not just retire and quit working and lose coverage as a result of this

I don't see that you can make any accurate decisions about Part D coverage until you determine the actual facts of his current situation.

You need to know for sure if the employer plan includes creditable coverage and whether or not it is still in effect for the employee.

(If the employer plan is still in effect and the employee has Part B, the issue of underwriting for Medigap might also factor into the decision about dropping the employer coverage.)

Even if he is not losing coverage because of this?

That is where I am stuck he left work 3 months ago, and I get the indication his coverage will not stop except for him cancelling

I remember having issues with people who retired and had plan though employer for a few years and wanted out and had to wait till AEP because they did not just retire and quit working and lose coverage as a result of this

Any disaster seps in your area ? They seem to be everywhere

Ahh

Its NY last I seen there was a gun violence with arp But these disasters often only apply to MAPD not as much for PDP I understand and with so many states and carriers its impossible to keep up with SEPs

Ahh

Its NY last I seen there was a gun violence with arp But these disasters often only apply to MAPD not as much for PDP I understand and with so many states and carriers its impossible to keep up with SEPs

They will apply to pdp if the declared disaster encompassed the aep time period . Some have . Obviously if the disaster started in Jan it only affected oep which there is no pdp signup then .

OP's post gives no indication that prospect missed a PDP enrollment because of a disaster.

If prospect's current drug coverage is creditable for Medicare and is still in force, why would OP use anything other than employment SEP?

Back