Part D reimbursement

Cdevin

Expert
Guy finally got his Medicare number May 31st, we did a part D, med was a tier 6 w wellcare no deducible plan, 11 dollars. He was entirely out of the med and it was over $500 out of pocket. He technically will have part D from 6/1, but CMS likely won't approve it for another week approximately. Once it is approved, is there a procedure for getting reimbursed? My assumption is yes, but unsure how we would go about it. Any ideas?

Guy finally got his Medicare number May 31st, we did a part D, med was a tier 6 w wellcare no deducible plan, 11 dollars. He was entirely out of the med and it was over $500 out of pocket. He technically will have part D from 6/1, but CMS likely won't approve it for another week approximately. Once it is approved, is there a procedure for getting reimbursed? My assumption is yes, but unsure how we would go about it. Any ideas?

Tier 6 with them has the $505 ded then $11. WellCare value script plan.

Heh. Yea I wasn't sure how it worked. It has happened a number of times, but I never ended up getting involved and they worked it out, and this time I have to. Thanks. Good ole Wellcare!

So he is enrolled into the drug plan as of 6/1? See if the pharmacy can run the claim through the plan. If that doesn't work, then the client would want to contact the plan to do direct reimbursement.

Reactions: DS4
Back