Passing the Series 65 Exam

Which license do you need to sell Mutual Funds ?

A Series 6 or 7 to SELL a Fund for a commission.

With a 65 you can charge a Fee (flat fee or wrap fee on AUM) to give advice and place the clients into the Fund using your Custodian. You would use Institutional Shares for the client since you are not taking a Commission.

Last edited:
Test Teachers is the best in my opinon. If you need a discount, try inputing the name of any large insurance company in the discount section to receive up to 20% off ..

hey guys! Studying for series 65 exam that I have soon. i have been using kaplan and my exam scores are 75%-83%. I took the "Practice exam" and got a 53% somehow and it seemed a lot more difficult. Is the series 65 easier than the "Practice exam?" thanks

You're using another provider's exams! Good job! It's supposed to help you not be so confident and continue to study well.

If you want a quality Series 65 review course, I recommend Scott Wasserman, CPA, CFP, ChFC, CLU (etc.) along with Dr. Craig Lemoine, PhD, CFP, MRFC's course. Scott helped get me through my ChFC 12 years ago... and my final CLU course earlier this year. He's a good instructor.

BigDaddy U | All Courses

Latest posts

Back