PCIP Vs Insurance Companies

ntbktrader

Expert
I mostly do P&C. However, I just did a health insurance quote for a smoker (otherwise in great health) and the PCIP rate was lower and appears just as good to better than all the other plans. What are you guys seeing? Will PCIP basically move the insurance companies out of the market??? This is in TX btw.

If they've had any insurance in the past 6 months they won't qualify, and without a pre-existing condition they won't qualify....so it sounds like they won't qualify.

I guess now that we are working for free when we refer people to PCIP they want to make it even more difficult. Just got a call from someone that I had written a letter for and PCIP needs more information.

Exact same letter I've used several times before and it was always accepted.

It's not going to be long before we have to get approval from some government bureaucrat to............. (substitute whatever you want but I can't print what I'm thinking right now)

What a bunch of crap:mad:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Okay, so they no longer accept just a broker saying that they cannot provide coverage from specific company for a specific condition, even with documentation from the underwriting guide. They actually have to have been denied coverage.:mad:

Last edited:
I guess now that we are working for free when we refer people to PCIP they want to make it even more difficult. Just got a call from someone that I had written a letter for and PCIP needs more information.

Exact same letter I've used several times before and it was always accepted.

It's not going to be long before we have to get approval from some government bureaucrat to............. (substitute whatever you want but I can't print what I'm thinking right now)

What a bunch of crap:mad:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Okay, so they no longer accept just a broker saying that they cannot provide coverage from specific company for a specific condition, even with documentation from the underwriting guide. They actually have to have been denied coverage.:mad:

Great so the carrier has to waste money on underwriting and declining an app. These beaurecrats don't understand their is a cost to everything they are requiring. They don't care that they are wasting a companies assets their paycheck is the same no matter how many or how few people enroll.

I send people a link to an STM plan that has an automated underwriting system. Any yes answer or MIB hit is an automatic decline and letter issued on the spot.

I send people a link to an STM plan that has an automated underwriting system. Any yes answer or MIB hit is an automatic decline and letter issued on the spot.

You abbreviated the most important part of your comment. What does STM stand for and what plan is it that does this? Do you have the link? Maybe it is Georgia specific? :skeptical:

Back