Persistency of MAPD and Med Supp

To put this in context, I consult with Call Centers that want to sell MA products over the phone with their build out's (Script Writing, Compliance, Telemarketing, Customer Service).

While it's difficult to stuff a book's worth of advice into a single post, I would recommend any agent wanting to sell on their own outside of a call center environment to concentrate on Med Supps not MA (Hallows not Horcruxes for you HP nerds).

To directly answer your question, I would qualify the client for income to ensure I was not visiting people not qualified for my product (Med Supp). Otherwise in your example, if I was not properly qualifying the client - and was in a MA rich area then I would need to offer both naturally.

1 in 3 beneficiaries might be on MA, but no one is getting rich offering "Free Insurance", not in ACA and not in MA. Only Med Supps and Life Insurance, you saw Ehealth bought GoMedigap right?

According to a recent posted article, MA does not necessarily mean "free insurance".

F/f all med sups 100% these are mostly t65 from my u65 book, MA to early to tell , I very happy with my MA people

According to a recent posted article, MA does not necessarily mean "free insurance".

A MAPD agent would never tell a client that’s it’s free insurance. But on these insurance forums it’s perfectly fine because agents know what he is referring to

If your gonna focus on MA, and not AEP + T-65's only and plan on selling year round - you are going to have issues with persistency. Indy agents should only sell Medigap, leave the MA to the call centers. .

I would recommend any agent wanting to sell on their own outside of a call center environment to concentrate on Med Supps not MA (Hallows not Horcruxes for you HP nerds).

1 in 3 beneficiaries might be on MA, but no one is getting rich offering "Free Insurance", .... and not in MA. Only Med Supps and Life Insurance

These are arrogant posts which totally ignore the experience and comments of several very experienced, very knowledgeable and successful agents who have been regularly posting in this subforum over the last 18 months or so.

If your gonna focus on MA, and not AEP + T-65's only and plan on selling year round - you are going to have issues with persistency. Indy agents should only sell Medigap, leave the MA to the call centers. From other posts he has made, GreenSky has a book of MA customers he is happy with - but you should consider that the exception to the rule. Medigap purchasers are clients, Folks on MA they are just a "customer" like with ACA plans.

I guess I didn't get the memo. I have many more Med Supp clients than I do MA clients, but my MA clients stick with me just like my Med Supp clients. And I have around 200 MA clients so it isn't a small sample size. The "trick" is to treat them like a client and not a customer. Stay in touch with them, make them aware of changes and add value.

I guess I didn't get the memo. I have many more Med Supp clients than I do MA clients, but my MA clients stick with me just like my Med Supp clients. And I have around 200 MA clients so it isn't a small sample size. The "trick" is to treat them like a client and not a customer. Stay in touch with them, make them aware of changes and add value.

What % of your MA clients have Extra-Help, SPAP or are Dual-Eligible would you say?

Back