PFFS Plans Vs. Med Supps

:no:I haven't commented in a while, but reading these comments have prompted me to do so.

The MA PFFS programs from leading carriers is a wonderful program for many Medicare eligibles. If they are basically healthy, a couple will in most cases save thousands in premiums...the worst case scenarios are not very much worse than the premiums from MediGap.

MediGap is far too often sold, using deceptive scare tactics to folks who can's afford them...I find this practice disgusting.

I personally sell both...but for the greatest number...the MA makes more sense.....Lots of you folks need to either educate yourselves or repent.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yoda, all I have to say to you is that you're an ***!!! Do you think you could live on the money that some seniors do???? I DON'T THINK SO!!! Get off your high horse, and have some stinking compassion!!! No wonder people on this forum don't like you!!! You're a jerkwad!! :no:

Jessica....it appears that Yoda is among the uneducated and commissions first group of agents. They are the kind that hurts our industry's reputation.

The MA's from the major carriers are the most suitable coverage for a majority of Medicare eligibles. MediGaps are often sold using deceptive scare tactics. I sell both, but replace expensive MediGaps with MA's more often than the reverse.

These folks are mad that MA's have not vanished....they were already counting their $$$.

Last edited:
:no:
Jessica....it appears that Yoda is among the uneducated and commissions first group of agents.

These folks are mad that MA's have not vanished....they were already counting their $$$.

Sorry Charlie but you are the one that is the uneducated fool only in it for the commissions. What part about these MA plans costing taxpayers 15% more then original medicare dont you understand? What part about the baby boom rapidly approaching medicare age and the need to curb medicare costs anyway we can do you not understand? One of these days in the near future your career of making a free living off of giving away those MA plans is going to come to a screeching halt. And by the way stop patronizing god you low life. Its sickening the way some of these agents in here exploit god in the name of winning sales and support. Its too bad Jesus cant stop by this temple of blasphemy and clear out some of the snakes!:1arghh:

The MA PFFS programs from leading carriers is a wonderful program for many Medicare eligibles. If they are basically healthy, a couple will in most cases save thousands in premiums...the worst case scenarios are not very much worse than the premiums from MediGap.

MediGap is far too often sold, using deceptive scare tactics to folks who can's afford them...I find this practice disgusting.

I personally sell both...but for the greatest number...the MA makes more sense.....Lots of you folks need to either educate yourselves or repent.

As you do, I sell both (except PFFS as I would never want my client to find out they have to pay for a service because the provider or facility has elected not to accept the plan), but take the time to explain the potential financial risk to my clients everytime, even if it may "seem" they cannot afford a Med Supp.

Once they understand the financial risk, it is up to them to make the decision they can live with.

As far as those stating that they cannot understand why one would pick an MA plan primairly based on up-front costs (zero to low premiums), it is because they cannot afford a med supp. One can attempt to make payment arrangements for those out of pocket costs with a MA plan, they cannot do the same about paying a med supp premium.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"If MA Plans go away, as most of you desire, what is to become of those that cannot afford $180 to $260 per month?"
================================================

Er uh they can get in line at the local welfare office and apply for assistance just like anyone else has to do when they are poor! Theres lots of tight ass people on those MA plans that could afford supplements. Im going to guestimate that more then half of those people on those MA plans could afford a supplement. And lets not never forget that selling those MA plans could get someone killed did I say that yet?:1eek:

My first time quoting you and my opinion is in line with the majority: you are an ***.

If you have propsectve clients that can afford a Med Supp and choose to enroll in a MA plan, it seems that you are disappointed that YOU did not sell the Med Supp and not satisified that the client made the best choice for them?

Or is it a possbility that you did not perform your job adequately to allow them to make the best decision, understanding the potential financial and health risk ?

How can you say that "one should go to the welfare office and apply for assistance" ? Are you aware of your state's Full Medicaid and MSP requirements ? A fair majority of seniors I meet do not qualify for Full Medicaid nor MSPs as their income is too high, yet they can barely make ends meet.

I truly hope you do not speak to prospective clients that cannot simply pay for a Med Supp and thell them to go to the "welfare office"

Not only do I sell both Med Supp and MA plans, I go through the MSP available to see if they qualify. I have a few clients that qualify for a SNP MA, with NO out of pocket costs for ANYTHING - ALL 0's in the summary of benefits, NO Donut Hole (just like Medicaid) as they qualify for Extra Help automatically AND a refund of their Part B premium. And yes, in FL, this SNP plan has ALL 67 counties in FL are in network for them. More work for me, same pay for me, MUCH better outcome for my client than a traditional MA.

You are a sad person. A really, truly, deeply sad person.

Last edited:
:D
Sorry Charlie but you are the one that is the uneducated fool only in it for the commissions. What part about these MA plans costing taxpayers 15% more then original medicare dont you understand? What part about the baby boom rapidly approaching medicare age and the need to curb medicare costs anyway we can do you not understand? One of these days in the near future your career of making a free living off of giving away those MA plans is going to come to a screeching halt. And by the way stop patronizing god you low life. Its sickening the way some of these agents in here exploit god in the name of winning sales and support. Its too bad Jesus cant stop by this temple of blasphemy and clear out some of the snakes!:1arghh:

You sound like a disgruntled obamamohammed...lol

If you have propsectve clients that can afford a Med Supp and choose to enroll in a MA plan, it seems that you are disappointed that YOU did not sell the Med Supp and not satisified that the client made the best choice for them?

The type of client you speak of there is what is known by smart agents as a nut case or a tight ass and therefore they are not a potential client at all. Trying to make commissions off poor people and nut jobs and tight asses is the the hard way of making money in this business did I say that yet?:1arghh:

Back