Phoenix Life Info

Why Americo term? I have used them for underwriting reasons and non med before all the options we have today. However, their premium on a typical healthy 35 year old is going to be close to twice that of Cincinnati, Pru and AIG and those three offer RdPdUp at the end of the level period. Just courtesy.

Maybe because his upline pushes Americo?

I don't push Americo. They are a good company, but my agents are independent. Americo is very limited in my state. I've personally never wrote one because of that. He likes using them and is able to do as he chooses.

Then why do you have to answer for him? No one mentioned you. His ultimate upline is EFES and they definitely push Americo.

And since Americo is way overpriced on their term they may be an underlying reason for using them?

Can he speak now?:biggrin:

Or is he on the Americo trip now?

Last edited:
Good catch. That's for preferred. Someone in average health it's best to run standard in my experience (with term). My first life policy I ever sold was with an AIG term. It took 3 months to get approved. Never wrote AIG ever again!

Comparing standard rates Americo is actually the most competitive out of all you mentioned. Plus, unlike the others, there's never a medical exam & it's a paperless e-app with instant approval. Commissions are way higher too!

OK, I may need to download the Americo quoter. As I mentioned I have not used then in a while. Fexquotes does not show them above the $450,000.non med limit. At "Std" or at the included tables they are competitive. Especially if you count being non med and the underwriting. So for smaller plans <$450,000 Std or small tables I may need to give them a look again.

I seem to remember they may even pay a small renewal on the term. Similar to Cincinnati. I could be off on that though.

I tend to sell primarily the RdPdUp over the ROP in the plan. So that pushes me to the other companies. But again, worth a relook.

----------

Maybe because his upline pushes Americo?

Ha, dejavue. I seem to remember discussing Americo, renewals and so on with someone else who was very pro EFES.

Then why do you have to answer for him? No one mentioned you. His ultimate upline is EFES and they definitely push Americo.

And since Americo is way overpriced on their term they may be an underlying reason for using them?

I think I already covered why I would recommend them for a ROP term product for the younger crowd.

My recommendation is based on us being in the final expense sub forum. While working the FE market, even the younger clientele you'll find that want term products will usually be overweight or in just average health. Very few would qualify for Preferred Plus rates. It just wouldn't make sense to me to recommend an agent write a fully underwritten product and wait 2 months every time just for the occasional better than standard rating.

----------

OK, I may need to download the Americo quoter. As I mentioned I have not used then in a while. Fexquotes does not show them above the $450,000.non med limit. At "Std" or at the included tables they are competitive. Especially if you count being non med and the underwriting. So for smaller plans <$450,000 Std or small tables I may need to give them a look again.

I seem to remember they may even pay a small renewal on the term. Similar to Cincinnati. I could be off on that though.

I tend to sell primarily the RdPdUp over the ROP in the plan. So that pushes me to the other companies. But again, worth a relook.

----------

Ha, dejavue. I seem to remember discussing Americo, renewals and so on with someone else who was very pro EFES.
35 year old male
50,000 T-30 ROP

Americo 26.04
Baltimore Life 26.70
Cincinnati Life 26.80
Mutual of Omaha 30.68
Colombian Life 32.15

For me, ROP is the easiest product to sell to younger people.

I think I already covered why I would recommend them for a ROP term product for the younger crowd.

My recommendation is based on us being in the final expense sub forum. While working the FE market, even the younger clientele you'll find that want term products will usually be overweight or in just average health. Very few would qualify for Preferred Plus rates. It just wouldn't make sense to me to recommend an agent write a fully underwritten product and wait 2 months every time just for the occasional better than standard rating.

That goes back to my underwriting reasons. If we are talking SI ROPTerm then I would add UHL in the mix as well. I do not believe they have a 30 any longer though. They do have a RdPdUp option and I believe child riders go to $20,000 — $25,000. Makes for a good FE killer for that young FE single mom. Many times the parents or grandparents pay for it. A down side is I believe it only goes up to $100,000.00

----------

----------

35 year old male
50,000 T-30 ROP

Americo 26.04
Baltimore Life 26.70
Cincinnati Life 26.80
Mutual of Omaha 30.68
Colombian Life 32.15

For me, ROP is the easiest product to sell to younger people.

Cincinnati =

Non med
At year 30 = $19,450.00 rdpdup insurance at age 65
Vs $9,374 rop, which will bury them so shallow a puppy could dig them up.

Or sell a FE.

Just playing with this. Many ways to do what we do.

----------

----------

----------

I am going to relook at Americo term for small SI deals.

That goes back to my underwriting reasons. If we are talking SI ROPTerm then I would add UHL in the mix as well. I do not believe they have a 30 any longer though. They do have a RdPdUp option and I believe child riders go to $20,000 — $25,000. Makes for a good FE killer for that young FE single mom. Many times the parents or grandparents pay for it. A down side is I believe it only goes up to $100,000.00
I might have to take a look at that product. Thanks for throwing that out there. If going Americo, maybe after the term they could always just purchase a RNA single pay?

He sure can speak for himself, but you brought me into it by saying his upline. And I AM his ultimate upline. I am not a down line of EFES.

Back