Phone Script

HuntAssuranceGroup

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am calling through a names list for the first time and my script is not working. Anyone have suggestions on keywords or a script you use on telephone? Trying to schedule appointments for a county without driving all over the place. Thanks in advance.

Many times it is a combination of both the script that the agent who is "reading" it that may not be working correctly.

The agent must have the right phone presentation and know how to stay in control of the call and give "good phone" to make everything work. We need a lot more information.

I have experience calling on phone. However I used the company script and I was contacting current customers---all when I was captive.

Another story as independent .... I was saying "Is Mr jones available? My name is (blank) and I with Hunt Insurance Solutions. The reason for the call is I will be in Lawsonville on Wednesday providing free insurance reviews. Would mornings or afternoons be best?". Out of 62 calls, I have one appointment. I talked to about 17 people who said I don't need it, don't want you to come by, etc.

Thoughts? You guys are Awesome!!!!

If out of 62 calls you have an appointment and it's a decent one, you probably have something that's working for you and working in your area.

I'm glad they helped. Judging from the site stats a lot of people are digging it.

I was saying "Is Mr jones available? My name is (blank) and I with Hunt Insurance Solutions.

As soon as they hear "insurance" - you're done. All they picture is something like Ned Ryerson in Groundhog Day...abbreviate "Hunt Insurance Solutions" as "H.I.S."

"Hi Jim, Bob Peckerwood with H.I.S., don't suppose you might be familiar with that name?"

We specialize in blah, blah and blah (avoid "saving people money", they become suspicious of a sub-standard product and/or service). Don't suppose any of those may be a concern of yours?" Get 'em talking.
The reason for the call is I will be in Lawsonville on Wednesday providing free insurance reviews.
Way, way too early. How do you know you want to meet them? Do you qualify them at all? Haven't established any value yet - not to mention an "insurance review" is about as compelling as a wet blanket. Free? Somebody charges for "insurance reviews"? "Free" connotes low value.
Would mornings or afternoons be best?
Way too salesy - this stuff went out in the 80's. Drop it. Search for a "mutually convenient time". Quit begging.
Out of 62 calls, I have one appointment. I talked to about 17 people who said I don't need it, don't want you to come by, etc.
You might have had more luck trying to give away "free root canal appointments".

Start to see it from the prospect's perspective - you'll have much more success. Good luck.

Back