Poor Ken Fisher

Times have changed. Years ago I got into trouble doing a program on presentation skills because the handout included public speaking quotations, one being "A speech should be like a woman's dress...long enough to cover the subject but short enough to be interesting." It was a stupid and thoughtless thing to include in a professional presentation and I realized it when someone complained. That kind of "locker room" talk has no place in public discourse.

“I mean the, the most stupid thing you can do, which is what every mutual fund firm in the world always did, was to brag about performance, uh, in, in a direct mail piece, which is a little bit like walking into a bar if you’re a single guy and you want to get laid and walking up to some girl and saying, ‘Hey, you want to have sex?’” Fisher said, according to audio obtained by CNBC.

Is this really what they are all up in arms about? or is there more to this?

Times have changed. Years ago I got into trouble doing a program on presentation skills because the handout included public speaking quotations, one being "A speech should be like a woman's dress...long enough to cover the subject but short enough to be interesting." It was a stupid and thoughtless thing to include in a professional presentation and I realized it when someone complained. That kind of "locker room" talk has no place in public discourse.

Yeah, at least you didn't use the words genitalia, getting laid
Is this really what they are all up in arms about? or is there more to this?

There are several others where he said the word genitalia & getting laid. It was during a speech from a stage to a ton of CEOs, not to a couple of dudes in a casual conversation. Apparently 3 separate events over a couple years publicly, then more private employee issues.

Fisher added, “I don’t know if I could, but if I was 30 years old and I had to do over again, I’d have more sex while I could. Once you get older, you’re like a Christmas tree, you know, you’re firm once a year and the balls are just for decoration.”

I am truly appalled at the commercials he runs on television.
Where he compares his company as moral, and anyone that receives
a commission as immoral.
While he receives a 1%, or more management fee, year after year.
"(We do better when our clients do better) "
It doesn't take a mathematician to see that he rakes in a lot more
money than any of us that sells an annuity, or life product.

His comments are standard thought from the so called elite, the ones
that see themselves as all knowing, while the rest of us are mere peons
to be herded about under their benevolent care.

He will not receive near what he deserves, but maybe a few will see behind
curtain and understand what type of arrogant, over important jack-a##
he is.
Other than that I don't have an opinion on the subject.

Shooter

While perhaps inappropriate, that is an excellent analogy. A female could make an analogy like that, and would never get in trouble.

There are people who choose to be offended by stuff like that, and focus on their sensitivity and insecurities, and play the victim. These are likely the same people that blame everyone other than themselves why they don't get ahead.

Last edited:
I am truly appalled at the commercials he runs on television.
Where he compares his company as moral, and anyone that receives
a commission as immoral.
While he receives a 1%, or more management fee, year after year.
"(We do better when our clients do better) "
It doesn't take a mathematician to see that he rakes in a lot more
money than any of us that sells an annuity, or life product.

His comments are standard thought from the so called elite, the ones
that see themselves as all knowing, while the rest of us are mere peons
to be herded about under their benevolent care.

He will not receive near what he deserves, but maybe a few will see behind
curtain and understand what type of arrogant, over important jack-a##
he is.
Other than that I don't have an opinion on the subject.

Shooter
Wow shooter, you really know how to kick a victim when they are down, don't you? :twitchy:

Back