PPACA and Broker Relevance - Your Thoughts?

I expect the Feds to have similar laws. They think insurance companies shouldn't make a profit, and shouldn't try to sell their own plans instead of competitors. LOL. That's why agents (or perhaps navigators!!!) will be needed. Nonetheless, I do expect a 3-4 year lifespan for agent commissions in PPACA, especially inside the exchange.

I expect the Feds to have similar laws. They think insurance companies shouldn't make a profit, and shouldn't try to sell their own plans instead of competitors. LOL. That's why agents (or perhaps navigators!!!) will be needed. Nonetheless, I do expect a 3-4 year lifespan for agent commissions in PPACA, especially inside the exchange.

as long as there are decisions to be made by consumers there will be brokers. There is no way the feds can just flip a switch and consumers will flock to their policies.

there will always be several varriations within each plan. a gold plan may have up to 20 different plan types. we have upwards of 15 different HMO MAPD here in texas. they are all still HMO MAPD's but they are all different, someone must help the consumer.

consumers will still get yearly rate increases and doctor networks and formulary list will change regularly forcing the consumer to review his options yearly. Just like MAPD"S now.

when will we die? when the federal boys force the public option and its medicare for all..... in that case we will just sell supplements. I just don't feel we are going anywhere.

now, heres the million dollar question: what will we get paid. if we get a number you and I have discussed we are good to go... if we get 100 bucks an application cant see it working, I just don't know.

since there will only be a 6 month and then 3 month enrollment period you will have to hit it hard and fast to make it, just like the medicare AEP. the rest of the year we will be doing SEP's and selling medicare supps.

we arnt dead.....yet

Why would employers under 50 set up a HRA if their going to dump them on the exchange. They will be done with Health insurance all together.

I don't know, unless they wanted an incentive to attract or retain employees . . .

Joe's bar and grill pays you $8/hr + tips.

Jim's across the street pays $8 + tips + $100/mo via an HRA.

Which one would you choose?

Latest posts

Back