PPACA: Feds Say Their Exchanges Will Love Agents

As for the exchange, Obama admin is showing signs of taking on water by moving the goalpost on the exchanges. The feds realize they don't have the money to fund the exchange and want to give states more time to pony up.

This is the classic case of the dog chasing the car has now caught it... Hmmmm, now what to do from here. Whoof!

The liberal arm of the gubment has been hell-bent on the quasi public option, now they got it... now what? Times will be interesting to say the least.

There are numerous reasons why this was doomed to fail.

They underestimated employers dropping coverage, laying off workers, cutting back hours.

Of course they also thought we would have a robust economy by 2014, and many who voted for this mess have retired or will not return next year.

Using fuzzy math, they intentionally or otherwise underestimated the cost of the plan and especially the required premium subsidies.

They also missed the negative reaction to Obamacare. Who wouldn't want lower premiums, more coverage, more control over the insurance carriers?

The list goes on . . .

Steve,
You are so right. That ticket would be hard to beat in the solid south.
That would be the best thing to insure another Democrat victory. Start the campaign now!!:twitchy:

Interesting you say that because I've been saying all week that a Rubio-Ryan ticket would be hard to beat in 2016.

Interesting you say that because I've been saying all week that a Rubio-Ryan ticket would be hard to beat in 2016.
There will be no GOP prez elected ever again...until the party supports gay marriage, stops the push on abortion and has a full immigration plan and not a kick them out and make them come in legally plan... A real workable amnesty plan

It's over for the GOP until these things are done

I'm a former GOP delegate and I approved this statement

Steve,
You are so right. That ticket would be hard to beat in the solid south.
That would be the best thing to insure another Democrat victory. Start the campaign now!!:twitchy:

Seeing the Southern U.S. "light up" for Romney, and watching his delegate count soar last Tuesday got us really excited! But it turned out that the Southern states aren't as important as they used to be, just 3 election cycles ago? I remember the newscasters describing how "critical" the southern vote was when AL Gore was running for President.
-ac

Seeing the Southern U.S. "light up" for Romney, and watching his delegate count soar last Tuesday got us really excited! But it turned out that the Southern states aren't as important as they used to be, just 3 election cycles ago? I remember the newscasters describing how "critical" the southern vote was when AL Gore was running for President.
-ac

Southern Vote without Fla? The GOP got bitch slapped hard..IMO Women ultimately cost the Mitt the Victory.

Interesting listening to the talking heads do a post-mortem on the election and telling the GOP what they must do to win the next election.

Become more inclusive. Reach out to women, Hispanics, Blacks, etc.

Unemployment among all three groups is higher than white males, the assumed complexion of the Republican party. If those groups were not interested in private sector created jobs and a REAL recovery, then the GOP has nothing to offer them.

No doubt there were things Romney could have done differently, but having the Obama camp and MSM paint Romney as a murderer, tax cheat, liar and calling him everything but a child of God did more to sink that ship than anything.

The man really didn't have a chance.

If you view just how many insured will need subsidy, and many will fall into Medicaid, the states can't afford the extra Medicaid burden so who will pay this?

As of 2010, 49 million on Medicaid. "Experts" expect this to expand by 15 - 20 million under Obamacare. That is a 30 - 40% instant expansion.

Paraphrasing Bill Clinton, the numbers don't add up. It's arithmetic.

Back