Pre-65 Disability + Medicare Question

saintstigers

Guru
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
I have a client who is 58 yr old female, has Charcot-Marie-Tooth disorder and qualified for Medicare Part A & B in August of 2014. She should be able to qualify for an MAPD plan, not sure about Med Supp.

My question is do the MAPD plans or Med Supp plans pay full commission for those enrollees who are not age 65+ yet but still Medicare eligible?

AFAIK, MAPD pays the same comp regardless of age.

Medigap generally pays $25 one time. A few pay a reduced commission but most discourage agents by paying next to nothing

One of the problems you'll run across with underage disability clients concerning Med Supps is that they have to qualify for the supp anyway. Many companies won't even sell a supp to them. You wouldn't be able to get them a traditional Plan F, G, or N.... as far as I know anyway. I'm not sure if AARP will do anything differently than any other company, but they may. In my experience the rates for underage clients are much higher than usual. Normally not worth it for them.

MAPD may be the best thing for them in this case.

One of the problems you'll run across with underage disability clients concerning Med Supps is that they have to qualify for the supp anyway. Many companies won't even sell a supp to them. You wouldn't be able to get them a traditional Plan F, G, or N.... as far as I know anyway. I'm not sure if AARP will do anything differently than any other company, but they may. In my experience the rates for underage clients are much higher than usual. Normally not worth it for them. MAPD may be the best thing for them in this case.

The comp under 65 in most cases is 0%. Few carriers will pay around 4%-5%

One of the problems you'll run across with underage disability clients concerning Med Supps is that they have to qualify for the supp anyway. Many companies won't even sell a supp to them. You wouldn't be able to get them a traditional Plan F, G, or N.... as far as I know anyway. I'm not sure if AARP will do anything differently than any other company, but they may. In my experience the rates for underage clients are much higher than usual. Normally not worth it for them.

MAPD may be the best thing for them in this case.

That depends on the state. In some states they get the 6 month OE just like they would if T-65. Most companies offer the U-65 disability supplement in my state. You're right about the price. Most companies seem to price U-65 at the 99 year old rate.

Back