Pre-Licensing Exam Prep

Ebell

Expert
I LOVED Tes Teachers when they were still in business for AZ Life. I've let my license lapse so have to go through the exam again for L&H. Any recommendations for good courses with videos? I can't just sit and reach the materials because I'm very ADHD. I have to be able to watch the video and follow along with PDF and take notes. I heard ExamFx's materials are missing components, Xcel has had terrible reviews on Yelp. I've not heard much about Kaplan and there's also AD Banker which I know nothing about. Does anyone with recent experience with any of the above? Thanks!

I LOVED Tes Teachers when they were still in business for AZ Life. I've let my license lapse so have to go through the exam again for L&H. Any recommendations for good courses with videos? I can't just sit and reach the materials because I'm very ADHD. I have to be able to watch the video and follow along with PDF and take notes. I heard ExamFx's materials are missing components, Xcel has had terrible reviews on Yelp. I've not heard much about Kaplan and there's also AD Banker which I know nothing about. Does anyone with recent experience with any of the above? Thanks!
I’ve been licensed so long I couldn’t tell you who’s the best nowadays. There was no such thing as online studying (or online anything!) when I started out. We did all classroom and self study back then. But over the years WebCE has become my favorite for continuing ed. Based upon that experience, I would expect their prelicensing course to be high quality.

Remember when the rate books were on stone tablets? I think those are why I have back trouble now.
Nah. It was your briefcase. With four or five of those tablets in it.

But what about your first computer quote. Mine was on an old Tandy 1000 I think.

Load a 5 1/4 floppy disk and wait. Swap that one out with another floppy. Then go to lunch and play 18 holes of golf. When you got back the damn thing would still be loading.

Yep, the good old days.

How long ago did you give up the license? If it's been a minute your rout of ruck but it within a year or two check with the DOI about other potential options.

When I did a failure to renew I was given an option of paying a fine or retesting. I just paid the fine. Of course everything is state specific.

Hell, I'm so old I had to wait for them to invent the insurance department before I could get a license.

I'm so old, the first policy I wrote was an ocean cargo policy for some guy named Noah. All I remember was he was really old at the time, and had some sort of boat or ark or something. He kept telling me he was doing gods work and insisted on a discount.

Last edited:
Back