Primerica

I am a male, nonsmoker, with asthma, and average weight.

When I was 21, I purchased a $100,000 30-year term policy from Primerica for $25 per month.

5 years later, I replaced it with an AIG $350,000 30-year term for $21 per month.

6 months after that, I got my insurance license and in the past few years have since replaced quite a few Primerica policies for a variety of reasons.

This is a good example but to be fair to Primerica or any insurance carrier (and I am not affiliated with Primerica) until very recently the cost for term insurance has been dropping for years...I was speaking with a prospect that had been replacing a 20 year term every 5 years with a decrease in cost while increasing the term length...

Having said that we all know Primerica sells overpriced term.

Based on this info her rate would be around $21-$24 a month and his rate about $53-$57 a month for a total of $74-81 a month. Add a child rider on top of that let's say $10-$12 a month and you're at $84-$93 a month. So a savings of about $15-$24 a month. Which is $180-$288 a year or $3600-$5760 over the 20 years. Or if you invested the difference and assumed 10% return in a mutual fund that would be $11,486-$18,377 that they would have at the end of the 20 years by going through a different company than Primerica.
Do you mind telling me where you got the rate? I can find that rate for her but not him based on his weight I can only find SNT for him 6'2 271lb around $66 per mo.

Do you mind telling me where you got the rate? I can find that rate for her but not him based on his weight I can only find SNT for him 6'2 271lb around $66 per mo.

I quoted it on my ALISS system. Transmerica will do it for $53.94 a month and go up to 276 pounds for standard. You can check out Compulife's site term4sale.com and it will give you comparisons including Transmerica and Primerca on there. You were looking at Genworth weren't you?

Last edited:
im glad i found this forum lol
my suspicions are definitely confirmed by 6 pages of posts on primerica.

usually the only calls i get off careerbuilder.com are from sales companies.... and the majority of those are MLM .... gross!

so i got a call from primerica.

i think one thing that really gave it away was the fact that their 'successful' people (being groomed to become a regional vp) was wearing dirty old dress shoes with the laces dragging on the ground, a suit coat that couldnt fit in a more ridiculous manner, and just had an air of stupidity about himself (the perfect fodder for MLM). :goofy:where was the professionalism? where was the wealth of knowledge that i would expect to come from an insurance/finance professional?

it simply wasnt there because these people cared only about recruiting non-professional grade cattle that would help them rinse, wash, repeat their way to becoming wealthy. LOL

im sure i could be a 'success' with primerica, but i dont want to be a sheister for a career and build a house of cards.

it seems that this crappy economy (im in the vastly unemployed state of michigan) has forced me to expand my horizons when seeking employment.
i had never seriously considered a career in sales, but i like the idea of insurance and financial products versus trying to sell garbage.

so now im looking to enter this industry. :idea:

I'm sure that I could be a 'success' with Primerica, but I dont want to be a sheister for a career and build my career on a house of cards.

It seems that this crappy economy (I' m in the vastly unemployed state of Michigan) has forced me to expand my horizons when seeking employment.
I had never seriously considered a career in sales, but I like the idea of insurance and financial products versus trying to sell garbage.

So now I'm looking to enter this industry. :idea:

Good for you. I hope that you do things right.

im glad i found this forum lol
my suspicions are definitely confirmed by 6 pages of posts on primerica.

usually the only calls i get off careerbuilder.com are from sales companies.... and the majority of those are MLM .... gross!

so i got a call from primerica.

i think one thing that really gave it away was the fact that their 'successful' people (being groomed to become a regional vp) was wearing dirty old dress shoes with the laces dragging on the ground, a suit coat that couldnt fit in a more ridiculous manner, and just had an air of stupidity about himself (the perfect fodder for MLM). :goofy:where was the professionalism? where was the wealth of knowledge that i would expect to come from an insurance/finance professional?

it simply wasnt there because these people cared only about recruiting non-professional grade cattle that would help them rinse, wash, repeat their way to becoming wealthy. LOL

im sure i could be a 'success' with primerica, but i dont want to be a sheister for a career and build a house of cards.

it seems that this crappy economy (im in the vastly unemployed state of michigan) has forced me to expand my horizons when seeking employment.
i had never seriously considered a career in sales, but i like the idea of insurance and financial products versus trying to sell garbage.

so now im looking to enter this industry. :idea:

I also live in the "vastly umeployed state of Michigan", so I can empathize with you. I have found that there are several opportunities out that are better than Primerica. I was with them several years ago & they seem to have products that are overpriced. Many of my clients dropped after a short time when they found out there are better products & better prices. Keep at it, you'll make it. I'm working on a captive company only because I need the experience. Good luck!! :biggrin:

First, why would anyone have a Saturday meeting? So you forget it all by Monday?

And also, isn't any sales job with an hierarchy an MLM? Like Monavie, Melalueca, insurance (MGA's), Fuller Brush, etc.

First, why would anyone have a Saturday meeting? So you forget it all by Monday?

And also, isn't any sales job with an hierarchy an MLM? Like Monavie, Melalueca, insurance (MGA's), Fuller Brush, etc.

They hold their meetings on Saturdays, Rob, because almost all of their agents/recruits work at other jobs Monday to Friday (even on different shifts).:yes:

If you do the math that THEY (Primerica) give you its easy to see who makes money with them. One of thier ad pieces bragged that they sold 184,000 life insurance policies last year (2006) .... Turn the page, then went on to list just over 200,000 liscensed agents. oops somebody didn't make ANY money last year!!!

Run,! Dont walk away from this oportunity, Get with a legit company and make some real money.
Its 100,000 reps. You were given wrong information.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Good post! If one looks at the plain hard truth there is little reason to go with Primerica.
Apparently you were never good at math were you??
You need actual numbers, and remember over half of the reps are part time and some do not work at all.
Trust me on this We have recruited many reps and most leave before they even get started, people give up to easy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
With help from their team, a handful of Primerica offices are offering more than just financial solutions across kitchen tables in their community. They’re putting food on the table for hungry kids!
Ten Primerica offices in Ohio and Kentucky committed to a five-year, $500,000 commitment to the Kids Café program, a non-profit group started in 1996 that provides meals and tutoring to low-income children. Each week, hundreds of children get healthy meals and homework assistance at six locations around Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.
Before the donation, the Kids Café budget was around $70,000, enabling the program to feed 2,000 children annually. Thanks to the ultimate “Primerica Makeover,” Kids Café will be able to expand its operations and ultimately feed 10,000 hungry children by the end of the year! Additionally, each Primerica office in the area will be sponsoring a Kids Café location where reps can volunteer their time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back