Principal Social Insurance Substitute

lhkorn99

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm comparing 3 disability carriers for my client who is a web designer.

I'm looking at Massmutual, Principal, and Metlife. In reading the principal proposal, i see that it says

"Your maximum monthly Social Insurance Substitute (SIS) Benefit is

$1,125. The SIS Benefit is payable in the
same proportion as the Disability Benefit.

$1,125 is paid when no Social Insurance is paid. $375 is paid when

only one of the Primary Insurance Amount under Social Security, Workers Compensation is paid. No SIS

benefit is paid when two or more Social Insurances are paid, or when you receive retirement benefits from

Social Security."

So this means that if he gets social security disability benefits, Principal won't pay the $1,125. Massmutual and Metlife don't mention this (i think its a rider that reduces cost with massmutual). Am i correct in my assesment? Choosing the same riders, Met is a bit higher in price, and Mass and Principal are the same price. Based on that he would be better off with Massmutual, correct?

Re: Principal Social Insurance Subsitute

If you have to ask, you shouldn't be selling it. Look up "malpractice" in Urban Dctionary.

I usually sell mass, but trying to give the client some more options. Why don't you try to be helpful? Isn't this what the forum is for?

Re: Principal Social Insurance Subsitute

My idea (may be different from yours) is that the forum cannot only help, but also seperate the wheat from the chaff.

I would appreciate a response to my original post from anyone that is actually helpful. Thank you.

As for you mr. alcohol - you arent worth my energy.

Back