Prosperity or Trans for DE

And they take chew/smokeless tobacco NT. Kinda like Americo.

I've used them a couple of times. Not with SSBA yet.

Chew isn't cigars and such though. I haven't seen many of us yankees using chew and such.

Tell me about it. I think I've used Americo's NT niche 1 time in 6 years.

But I have agents in the south and they run into that more often.

I'd say I run into Cigar smokers 10-15% of my businese, but can't hurt to have a carrier that will do that at a NT rate.

I don't remember the last time I saw a cigar.

I only run into smokers 10-15% if the time at all anyway.

I'd say I run into Cigar smokers 10-15% of my businese, but can't hurt to have a carrier that will do that at a NT rate.

I wrote a good sized case today. Guy was a dipper. KSKJ tobacco rates were $2/mo less than Equitable's non tobacco rates.

I used Americo and Equitable quite a bit before KSKJ. I run into dippers and chewers almost every day. And quite a few cigar smokers. Rarely a pipe smoker.

It's mostly the retired coal miners that chew and dip. They won't let them smoke underground but they can dip.

Actually, they do have niche over trans, insulin and asthma is std with trans, level with prosperity.
Yes, but tons of carriers approve insulin & chronic asthma as level. The only niche I can see so far is direct express biz that has chronic asthma or insulin diabetes. But, that's such a small percentage of our business.

Most agents would just write Trans standard with those clients and be done with it. What are your thoughts on that?

Asthma and/or Insulin and DE almost go together in the urban population. If I have to write that standard LH actually gets the edge on that business at some ages/time in policy.

Yes, but tons of carriers approve insulin & chronic asthma as level. The only niche I can see so far is direct express biz that has chronic asthma or insulin diabetes. But, that's such a small percentage of our business.

Most agents would just write Trans standard with those clients and be done with it. What are your thoughts on that?

I hear you, I personally have a weakness, I don't have the confidence to give them std, when I can give them 25% cheaper,

I also think sometimes the cheaper price could make the sale, over the more expensive.

Back