Protein in Urine Question

Guys, believe me when I say I appreciate all the diagnosis info, suggestions, etc. But I'm not really looking for that right now. All I'm really looking for is any tips on how he can potentially clean up his pee sample - should it be a fluke. I don't know if there is a way to make it better or not. That is why I was asking. Could be diet related, could be kidney or other issues... trying to get him to have the best result possible on the next samples. It is what it is, and he knows that its there. He will let his doctor know.

Fwiw, this case has been through the ringer. He has a large APS. Goes to doctor routinely several times a year (and whenever he doesn't feel good) ... is in avg health overall, but he does have some issues. Has annual physical w bloodwork each year. Has been approved by one company already... another co wants addl urine samples before a decision.

Thx

I'm in good health for my age ( close to 60), eat well, exercise regularly, etc. and my urine levels showed high protein when I applied for more life insurance. Underwriter told me about possible kidney damage, pre diabetes, high blood pressure that could cause it. Turns out is was heavy workouts as I was training for a power lifting meet. Working out very heavy a day or two before a urine test may cause elevated protein levels. I retested a few weeks later and made sure not to work out at all for 3 days and protein levels were normal again.

I'm in good health for my age ( close to 60), eat well, exercise regularly, etc. and my urine levels showed high protein when I applied for more life insurance. Underwriter told me about possible kidney damage, pre diabetes, high blood pressure that could cause it. Turns out is was heavy workouts as I was training for a power lifting meet. Working out very heavy a day or two before a urine test may cause elevated protein levels. I retested a few weeks later and made sure not to work out at all for 3 days and protein levels were normal again.

Good for you on the lifting. Are you taking any supplements? What ever the body doesn't need passes out via the Urine.

----------

Guys, believe me when I say I appreciate all the diagnosis info, suggestions, etc. But I'm not really looking for that right now. All I'm really looking for is any tips on how he can potentially clean up his pee sample - should it be a fluke. I don't know if there is a way to make it better or not. That is why I was asking. Could be diet related, could be kidney or other issues... trying to get him to have the best result possible on the next samples. It is what it is, and he knows that its there. He will let his doctor know.

Fwiw, this case has been through the ringer. He has a large APS. Goes to doctor routinely several times a year (and whenever he doesn't feel good) ... is in avg health overall, but he does have some issues. Has annual physical w bloodwork each year. Has been approved by one company already... another co wants addl urine samples before a decision.

Thx

could me medication related. The only thing you can encourage him to do if he wants to improve his labs is increase his water intake. I recently had a kidney failure scare (stage 3 renal failure) due to a reaction to an anti biotic. All set to begin another hospital stay but I increased my water intake to about 10 pounds a day and kidney function improved and my super elevated K (potassium) dropped back to the middle of normal. Too much potassium can lead to kidney failure and heart failure.. some fun.

Anyway, suggest water, lots and lots of water.

Thanks for the suggestions. After speaking with a number of folks, the best ideas are to reduce excess protein intake, drink lots of water, and eat healthy over the next few weeks. That last one might be tough with Christmas :yes:

He's planning to re-pee in early Jan. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the suggestions. After speaking with a number of folks, the best ideas are to reduce excess protein intake, drink lots of water, and eat healthy over the next few weeks. That last one might be tough with Christmas :yes:

He's planning to re-pee in early Jan. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Re-pee......:twitchy:

I don't think that's entirely true Larry. I don't piss feces.:laugh:

----------

Are you saying that he's "a person of not enough water"?:)

Not quite that way. Protein in my pee is an issue too. Type II with renal failure stage 3. The other thing I picked up with my amputation last year. Water will help him reduce levels simply by peeing the concentration out of his system.

But it could be he's not drinking enough water. ;)

Latest posts

Back