Prudential shuts down Assurance IQ

Yep all on the Medicare face book pages yesterday afternoon . Over a 1000 agents let go on the spot . Shut computers down immediately. Brokers scrambling for a home . Pru paid $2.8 billion for them . Lost it all . I’ll say again . Medicare Advantage using leads for mostly low income can’t be sold over phone. Persistency is 50-60% as you must do low income face to face and establish a relationship. No other way period . I replace 20 plus call center plans a month

Wonder if their interpretation of the new CMS rule on DSNP seps has had a play in this....since that's their business model.

Some saying quarterly "updating/maintaining" SEP gone, others saying its monthly.

Wonder if their interpretation of the new CMS rule on DSNP seps has had a play in this....since that's their business model.

Some saying quarterly "updating/maintaining" SEP gone, others saying its monthly.

i would think it has more to do with vastly reduced expected lead flow they can buy or sell in 2025 because of the new restrictions.

Yes some are saying monthly . But what I’m reading it sounds like to move monthly it has to be integrated dual . We’ll see . I’m pretty sure within a few yrs all duals will either be noncommissionable or all done by the state . Some states already have no duals . Obviously if this happens most call centers will close down . That’s 80-90% of there business

Back