Psoriatic Artritis - Med Supp will anyone take?

kak6407

Expert
NC
Are there any Med Supp carries that will take Psoriatic Arthritis? Client has had this for over 2 years. Takes Stelara injections for it which Medicare stopped paying for this year...luckily she has a grant that pays it. I know some carriers specifically asks about Psoriatic on the applications but not all..most only mention Rheumatoid or disabling and some mention connective tissue disorder. She says hers is more annoying than anything...not disabling at all. I know this is a longshot but has anyone had success with placing this with any particular carrier?

The issue you are going to have is the injections

I have had carriers tell me if there is ongoing injections for any condition, The condition might be approvable
But the Idea that there is another injection in a specific time table means its ongoing treatment the same as PT that is not finished

Are there any Med Supp carries that will take Psoriatic Arthritis? Client has had this for over 2 years. Takes Stelara injections for it which Medicare stopped paying for this year...luckily she has a grant that pays it. I know some carriers specifically asks about Psoriatic on the applications but not all..most only mention Rheumatoid or disabling and some mention connective tissue disorder. She says hers is more annoying than anything...not disabling at all. I know this is a longshot but has anyone had success with placing this with any particular carrier?

UHC may be your best bet. They do not ask about Psoriatic. No guarantee, though. They have become more strict in UW - and Level 2 for UW is common...

UHC may be your best bet. They do not ask about Psoriatic. No guarantee, though. They have become more strict in UW - and Level 2 for UW is common...

I just got one approved level 1 but she didn't need injections though she was on some meds common for Rheumatoid

Too bad it's not osteoarthritis. Elips uw says:

If the applicant has received any injections or infusions within the past 12 months for arthritis or degenerative bone disease, they will not be eligible for coverage. However, bi-annual cortisone injections for the treatment of Osteoarthritis are allowed, and the applicant can be considered for coverage.

Thanks everyone. I will likely try UHC. I do a lot with UHC I just hate that they will enroll her if rated Level 2, then I have to have client call them to cancel. Real PITA.

I am shocked! I submitted the app with UHC on the traditional plan and it looks like she is automatically approved! doesn't mention Level 2. i will chat with them tomorrow to verify. This is really the only condition that she has and since Medicare doesnt pay for Stellara (was about $35K per injection) I guess that is OK with UHC. no way this would have been approved if was still covered under Part B

I am shocked! I submitted the app with UHC on the traditional plan and it looks like she is automatically approved! doesn't mention Level 2. i will chat with them tomorrow to verify. This is really the only condition that she has and since Medicare doesnt pay for Stellara (was about $35K per injection) I guess that is OK with UHC. no way this would have been approved if was still covered under Part B

UHC Jarvis now shows if it's Level 2. If it isn't saying Level 2 in Jarvis, then she's got the standard rate. Good for you and her. Win-win!

UHC Jarvis now shows if it's Level 2. If it isn't saying Level 2 in Jarvis, then she's got the standard rate. Good for you and her. Win-win!

i don’t write many med sup and almost all t-65 . I recall many agents on here saying uhc initially shows Level 1many times and later downgrades to level 2 . How common is that ? The way agents sounded it happens quite often and puts the agent in a bad spot .

i don’t write many med sup and almost all t-65 . I recall many agents on here saying uhc initially shows Level 1many times and later downgrades to level 2 . How common is that ? The way agents sounded it happens quite often and puts the agent in a bad spot .

It must be a state by state case, we don’t have levels here in FL

Latest posts

Back