Psoriatic Artritis - Med Supp will anyone take?

i don’t write many med sup and almost all t-65 . I recall many agents on here saying uhc initially shows Level 1many times and later downgrades to level 2 . How common is that ? The way agents sounded it happens quite often and puts the agent in a bad spot .

They don't "show level 1 and then downgrade to level 2". It's not a bait and switch. The app is submitted and once it goes through underwriting it's either level 1 or level 2. For the most part, if they can answer no to the health questions then they will get level 1. However, there are occasions where they can answer no, but due to a medication or something they haven't disclosed, they will get level 2.

I recently had a client submit an application and he answered no to the health questions. they got info from his cardiologist and approved it at level 2. I had him contact his cardiologist to find out what is in his records. Turns out he has coronary artery disease so he should have answered yes to that question. Once you are familiar with their underwriting, you generally have a good idea on which level they will be approved. Had he answered yes to that question, I wouldn't even have submitted the application. There are times where I will have an "iffy" one. So I submit the application in hopes they will get level 1.

In the past, you never knew what they were approved at so you had to call to find out. Now they post it on the details section. However, the most frustrating part is the agent can't withdraw the application. You have to have the applicant call in and tell them.

It must be a state by state case, we don’t have levels here in FL

Florida is it's own unique world. Med Supp rates in general and especially AARP Med Supps aren't very competitive there as compared to other states. Especially in South Florida.

I have only had one person accept Level 2 rates and it was only temporarily until we got to AEP and she could get on Medicare Advantage plan.

i don’t write many med sup and almost all t-65 . I recall many agents on here saying uhc initially shows Level 1many times and later downgrades to level 2 . How common is that ? The way agents sounded it happens quite often and puts the agent in a bad spot .

Used to be they would just show approved but later on 2 or 3 weeks they would send secure email stating it is level 2

But now they show the level in portal when approved so not a problem anymore

UHC Jarvis now shows if it's Level 2. If it isn't saying Level 2 in Jarvis, then she's got the standard rate. Good for you and her. Win-win!
Yes I knew they started doing this a few months ago but I got on their chat with them last night just to verify for her to be on the safe side before letting her know....since I had writen her off a couple years ago as being "stuck". She has been on my books since 2014 so I was happy for her and happy for me as I start a new commision cycle and she saves about $800 per year. win win

(caveat, not an agent)

I was waiting until it looked like op had resolution to their question to ask this.

What does the term "disabling arthritis" mean to Medigap carriers?

(caveat, not an agent)

I was waiting until it looked like op had resolution to their question to ask this.

What does the term "disabling arthritis" mean to Medigap carriers?

Does it effect ADL's what type of meds are needed can be a factor

But generally unless it rheumatoid or injections or Psoriatic with similar meds as rheumatoid I have not had issue

Does it effect ADL's what type of meds are needed can be a factor

But generally unless it rheumatoid or injections or Psoriatic with similar meds as rheumatoid I have not had issue

Thanks for taking the time to give me an answer.

Based on discussions I had seen here, rheumatoid arthritis was the issue I was expecting on Medigap applications. Seeing the potentially broader category of "disabling arthritis" threw me for a loop. Your comments help me see ways in which a carrier might look at that.

Thanks for taking the time to give me an answer.

Based on discussions I had seen here, rheumatoid arthritis was the issue I was expecting on Medigap applications. Seeing the potentially broader category of "disabling arthritis" threw me for a loop. Your comments help me see ways in which a carrier might look at that.

Well it is people can have arthritis so bad they cant function then it would be an issue

Though I haven't seen that in recent years It used to be true maybe medicine I suppose

Back