Question About Affiliates

Vikings28

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
when lead companies buy their leads from affiliate sources, does anybody know if the lead company has the ability to 'submit their leads for credit' or receive credits for leads that are blatantly bogus?

when lead companies buy their leads from affiliate sources, does anybody know if the lead company has the ability to 'submit their leads for credit' or receive credits for leads that are blatantly bogus?

It's actually more like they just refund it to themselves before they pay the affiliate.

To recap, they refund themselves without any confirmation or dispute possible, but also if you want a refund they will dispute it and refuse to grant it.

It's a nice way to generate extra money for them.

what do you mean? lead vendors, charging back affiliates on bad leads? Most vendors do, subtract bad leads from the total they owe us affiliates. Though I don't believe affiliates should ever be charged back for bad leads, except for blatant fraud.

---Lead has bogus contact info? Oh well, it cost me/us $$ to generate the lead, dont like it, generate ur own leads...

i agree with you...especially when you, as an affiliate, are offering the leads at a minimal cost. i believe this strategy makes it impossible for lead companies to offer a quality product at a consistent rate...unless they're charging $4-7 for the lead.

but the answer to my question is that the lead company receives the leads in advance, and pays later? so instead of paying in full, they would subtract the bogus leads from the total cost?

i agree with you...especially when you, as an affiliate, are offering the leads at a minimal cost. i believe this strategy makes it impossible for lead companies to offer a quality product at a consistent rate...unless they're charging $4-7 for the lead.

but the answer to my question is that the lead company receives the leads in advance, and pays later? so instead of paying in full, they would subtract the bogus leads from the total cost?

Yeah they normally hold back the funds for x number of days. Same with google adsense, or most other monetization methods for websites.

Yeah, so for example whatever leads I generate in Jan , some companies will cut a check around Feb 15, or the really crappy ones the 30th of the following month.

It sure is hard to produce, quality leads for the agent, ESP for AUTO, because of the high payouts for auto lead clicks, everyone is on the game, for example, one of the lead vendors that is well known on this forum, after you fill out an auto lead form on their site, has a listings page that comes up, so the consumer can click on more ads, more forms pop up, and the vendor makes more $$.

It sure is hard to produce, quality leads for the agent, ESP for AUTO, because of the high payouts for auto lead clicks, everyone is on the game, for example, one of the lead vendors that is well known on this forum, after you fill out an auto lead form on their site, has a listings page that comes up, so the consumer can click on more ads, more forms pop up, and the vendor makes more $$.

This is actually the industry standard. Every lead company as well as any larger affiliate uses both thank you page and leave behind pages of click listings, to further monetize their traffic.

I would guess that the thank you pages and leave behinds are probably more than 75% of Brokersweb, Surehits, webjuice and bankrate's click marketplace revenue.

They usually suppress other leadgen companies from these listings, and the assumption is that those who click and get carrier quotes will not change the economics too much.

and im unable to buy leads directly from an affiliate because.....

There is nothing to stop you from buying direct from an affiliate, but it's not so easy.....

You need to find a good affiliate to work with, design a program that meets your needs, negotiate a price, lead volumes, etc.

You then need to be able to effectively work all those leads, and be prepared to write some checks for affiliate fees.

Back