Question About Appt Setting. Driving & Knocking vs. Phone Setups

Re: ??? About Appt Setting...Driving & Knockin' Vs. Phone Setups

Or you could just sell FE over the phone with a digital recorder and never even leave the house. That's what I've been doing almost 5 yrs now. If interested call me 252-292-3350...Greg.

Or you could just sell FE over the phone with a digital recorder and never even leave the house. That's what I've been doing almost 5 yrs now. If interested call me 252-292-3350...Greg.

You should set up a cheap website with a little information about your system. I'd never call out of the blue but I'd be interested in doing a little bit of research.

You should set up a cheap website with a little information about your system. I'd never call out of the blue but I'd be interested in doing a little bit of research.

If you can't call me, after I've posted my phone # and invited you to call, well.....how on earth can you call and sell FE over the phone calling DM responses?

You would call out of the blue when selling FE over the phone using DM leads.

If you are that shy then FE tele-sales is definitely not a good fit for you. It's not for everyone.

For now, I'll door-knock on the locals, phone the out of towns.

Thanks to all.

That's a good plan, in my opinion. Get good at both! You'll have some days where it'll be raining or snowing or whatever. Some days you won't want to door-knock. Other days, you'll want to get outside.
The point is, that if you can get good at both, then you'll do quite well if you work hard and serve your clients.

Good Luck.

That's a good plan, in my opinion. Get good at both! You'll have some days where it'll be raining or snowing or whatever. Some days you won't want to door-knock. Other days, you'll want to get outside.
The point is, that if you can get good at both, then you'll do quite well if you work hard and serve your clients.

Good Luck.

Thank you.

Re: Question About Appt Setting. Driving & Knocking vs. Phone Set

I have done both and right now I am door knocking them all. Door knocking is more lead efficient , appointment setting is more time efficient.

Re: Question About Appt Setting. Driving & Knocking vs. Phone Set

For 2 days a week a door knock 20 mailer leads from 9am until 7pm taking lunch and usually a Walmart break at some point.I try to knock on those over age 70 in the morning and those in their 50's in the evening. It's not for the faint of heart, as you are hearing "no" face to face many more times than those that choose to burn leads over the phone. The other 2 days of the week I work pre-set appointments that my assistant books for me. On Friday we do a conference call , meeting, turn in business and call it a week.

50% cancellation rate within the 1st 90 days? That's either a gross lie or an ignorant statement.

I've written for LH for over 11 years straight and never saw those kind of figures. Yes, their rates are on the high side. But I've talked with numerous agents who wrote for cheaper premium co.'s and they had very poor persistency.

The agent affects the persistency much more than the premium. And rarely do people replace their FE policy with a cheaper premium. It does happen but not very often....as long as they liked their 1st agent.

Most inexperienced FE agents think they miss a sale because the prospect said "that's too expensive for us". The agent figures the premium kept them from making a sale. In reality the agent missed the sale because they had a poor warm-up, poor presentation, didn't seem believeable and sincere and trustworthy, didn't listen to the prospect very carefully, didn't paint mental pics, etc., etc.

I have to agree, my clients keep their policies because I did a good job and met their need. Any time you sell on price it will turn around and bite you.

Latest posts

Back