Question about being a Life Insurance producer and retirement

JB82

So I’ve started working full time in life insurance this past January and I love my job and I’m making a decent amount of money. I am in my late 30’s and the only thing that somewhat concerns me is say I keep doing this job till retirement in my 60’s, how will my social security look like it? Anything anyone recommends that I should be doing setting up for my retirement in 20-25 years?

thanks

What's retirement? Retirement is for other people, not people in this business. Well, at least those that 'get it'. Give yourself time. You'll 'get it' too.

That being said, in my opinion, keep studying life insurance and the tax code.

So I’ve started working full time in life insurance this past January and I love my job and I’m making a decent amount of money. I am in my late 30’s and the only thing that somewhat concerns me is say I keep doing this job till retirement in my 60’s, how will my social security look like it? Anything anyone recommends that I should be doing setting up for my retirement in 20-25 years?

thanks

it will look like social security. I'm assuming you are paying taxes, either as a W2 employee (withholdings) or as a self employed person filing and paying self employment taxes (Social security is one part).

You should ask a financial advisor about what else you should be doing.

Back