Question About Dialer and Data Price Point

what product line are most people having success with by dialing cold leads? FE, life, health, etc.

Typically it's anything transactional, such as med supps, p&c, small business health, etc There are folks taht do well with FE and a number of other products, but the bigger ticket the item (such as annuities or ltc), the more difficult it becomes to generate the lead over the phone.

I think doing what the cellphone companies do would work. Just set a limit so that youre always in profit, and charge hourly after the limit.

The heavy users will still be profitable or theyll go cost someone else money. Lol you can refer them to salesdialers for stopping your commissions.

Haha. Problem is still that SalesDialers wants to sell my list clients their lists. They tell me their data isn't as good and that they'd still send folks my way, but I don't think it's right to be pitching my referrals a competing project. It all works out though.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited:
senior-advisor-indiana said:
$99 is a good price point but as tins brought up, 1k data is meaningless. Anyone using a TM will easily burn through that in a week...

That's funny. Personally I think that 1k would last awhile because most people that blow you off today will not remember you in 3 months and may be more receptive to your pitch then.

Well my cold calling experience off a dialer is limited. But running an average of 3 lines at a time, I dialed through about 5000 leads in about 40 hours time over 3 weeks. I would love to have something more functional to oversee my telemarketer with, as I am training one right now, but the unlimited data I have currently have with agentsdialer.com is too good to pass up.

Im sure their data is not as good as yours Josh, but if the name is bad, I just move on to the next lead. If I was door knocking, the lead quality would be more important and I wouldnt need as much data.

But as soon as I get my telemarketer up to speed, I assume they will be dialing for 15-20 hours a week, burning through 2000-2500 leads a week. I cant pay your $99 plus $120-$180/wk for leads.

You may have the Lexus of dialers, but all I need is a pinto with an oil change lol.

Well my cold calling experience off a dialer is limited. But running an average of 3 lines at a time, I dialed through about 5000 leads in about 40 hours time over 3 weeks. I would love to have something more functional to oversee my telemarketer with, as I am training one right now, but the unlimited data I have currently have with agentsdialer.com is too good to pass up.

Im sure their data is not as good as yours Josh, but if the name is bad, I just move on to the next lead. If I was door knocking, the lead quality would be more important and I wouldnt need as much data.

But as soon as I get my telemarketer up to speed, I assume they will be dialing for 15-20 hours a week, burning through 2000-2500 leads a week. I cant pay your $99 plus $120-$180/wk for leads.

You may have the Lexus of dialers, but all I need is a pinto with an oil change lol.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Assuming they're dialing 15-20 hours a week, 2,000 leads is very high, it should be around half that. To the point of the leads, it wouldn't be 120-180, it would be more expensive than what you're paying now clearly, but even if you were going through 10,000 a month it would be less than $99/week. Also, my dialer isn't allergic to data from other sources, so if you have an existing list or want to be using a less expensive data option (datadepot.biz will do 1 million records for $199 last time I checked) that would certainly work too.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Assuming they're dialing 15-20 hours a week, 2,000 leads is very high, it should be around half that. To the point of the leads, it wouldn't be 120-180, it would be more expensive than what you're paying now clearly, but even if you were going through 10,000 a month it would be less than $99/week. Also, my dialer isn't allergic to data from other sources, so if you have an existing list or want to be using a less expensive data option (datadepot.biz will do 1 million records for $199 last time I checked) that would certainly work too.

Well I think this dialer burns through leads. But I have nothing to compare it to. The million records sound good lol, but the lists wouldnt be very accurate after a few months right? Maybe as I get more money coming in, I can look at some other options.

Well I think this dialer burns through leads. But I have nothing to compare it to. The million records sound good lol, but the lists wouldnt be very accurate after a few months right? Maybe as I get more money coming in, I can look at some other options.

I don't think the lists would be accurate from the beginning.

People come from a lot of different situations and thanks to the free market you've got a lot of different options. In your case my suspicion is that if we took a look at the way you've been dialing then took a look at the difference in the management capabilities of the system you're using vs my system, you'd certainly see the value in it. There's also something to be said for having an affordable option to get started, and than transitioning to a more robust solution. That's how my list business has grown. I started off with a TERRIBLE website that barely had information on it. As things grew I put more resources into it and after doing my taxes (well, getting the stuff ready for my accountant), I've come a long way from the $9.95 I spent on Affordable Marketing Lists and the basic website I created with iWeb. Trying to start off with the overhead I have now though might have killed it to begin with. That said, I also wouldn't be able to keep growing now without those investments.

Last edited:
Josh, I know that your're been in dialer business for quite a while.. $99 its a really bargain !!! Even a moderate usage of 3 hours per day, the telco charges on a monthly basics will be a lot more that your option. ( assuming 6|6 legs at 0.02 per minute ) plus the hazard to install a vicidial or any other dialer flavor. I think what is needed is to educate the agents. I ran a small test last year, I walked in to three local agencies I show them how easy was to use the dialer and how much time they will save ( plus recording, lead management etc) , they sow the benefit right there...
In short I don't think that your problem its the product Price !

Also check brook jolley Post !

Last edited:
Josh, I know that your're been in dialer business for quite a while.. $99 its a really bargain !!! Even a moderate usage of 3 hours per day, the telco charges on a monthly basics will be a lot more that your option. ( assuming 6|6 legs at 0.02 per minute ) plus the hazard to install a vicidial or any other dialer flavor. I think what is needed is to educate the agents. I ran a small test last year, I walked in to three local agencies I show them how easy was to use the dialer and how much time they will save ( plus recording, lead management etc) , they sow the benefit right there...
In short I don't think that your problem its the product Price !

I appreciate your feedback. I like how you put "the hazard to install vicidial or any other flavor". Recently someone asked about building a dialer. Buying the server, setting it up, and putting it in a colo site are adventures themselves, but the security is the real issue. It's easy to spend thousands just getting that squared away, if not more. I probably have around $10k worth of security hardware not to mention the ongoing costs.

Back