Question About Do Not Call List.

emmjer

Expert
If an individual uses their cell phone for business purpose, like a real estate agent, insurance agent, direct-sales person or any freelance individual is that phone number protect against Do Not Call.

I ask because that number is used for business purposes.

Last edited:
I was think that also. I was interested in cold calling them, but I wasn't 100 percent sure.

DHK nailed it... you can pretty much do anything you want with businesses.

I registered my business cell phone I know they can ring that phone all day but it still helps.

I never understood business people (insurance agents) who have a business that needs to call on new people essentially trying to eliminate being cold called.

Since we are able to call these individual, I was thinking maybe it be would possible to cold call them to generate referrals.

Example, imagine if you had a credit repair/debt elimination company that you cold call, and ask them if they would be interested in get more information how they can expand their business by being a full financial solution provider. Send them a email, explaining, the importance of protecting their clients asset with life insurance while eliminating there debt, and offer to provide this service for his or her clients. Create a simple referral form, where the client can fill it out, for a no obligation rate quote. Once they fill it out, you send the credit repair/ debt elimination company the illustration you created, so they can put it in there presentation. If they are interested then you do what is necessary to get the application complete, and both companies made a sale.

Just a though.

I had a local business group accidentally publish my personal cell phone on their directory (it was only supposed to be an internal contact number) and that in essence removed my phone from the DNC (even though it's still on the list). Now I get all kinds of stupid recorded messages from MLM companies. They troll the internet for any lists of business related numbers they can find.

Back