Question About How Leads Work

Zekang

when you purchase a lead does that lead go exclusively to you or are they sold to multiple agents at the same time? also how much do leads generally cost and when you purchase them is it xx$ per contact information or are leads bunched like 15 names/contact info for xx$?

Your best bet is to search "leads" on this Forum.

In a nutshell. leads are often sold and resold. Exclusive leads are not exclusive unless you buy them from a broker's website. Even then, they may not be exclusive.

Lead companies? I'll let others discuss that hot topic. But if you must, start with a radius of 30 miles from your office and don't sign any contracts. You must be the one that pulls the strings. You dictate terms.

And yes...you can make money buying leads. But get experience first.

Unless you're generating them yourself, they're virtually always shared, no matter what the lead vendor says. They're excuse is that the customer could go on another site and another site, but that doesn't add up considering how infrequently it's ever truly exclusive.

There are companies that offer exclusive leads. Exclusive meaning the lead vendor is not selling the information to any other agents. I don't understand all the controversy around leads. Buy the leads, call the leads, there shouldn't be much else to it. I've used leads from at least half a dozen vendors, and the quality is about the same with all of them. We also buy leads from a vendor that charges a little bit more, but offers exclusive leads. Our close ratios are higher so we stick with our current vendor. Find a vendor you are happy with after trying a few (most will let you try for free), and then work them. Not much else to it.

Unless you're generating them yourself, they're virtually always shared, no matter what the lead vendor says. They're excuse is that the customer could go on another site and another site, but that doesn't add up considering how infrequently it's ever truly exclusive.

One person shared on the forum one time how he and another agent who were both buying exclusive leads discovered that they were being sold some of the same real time exclusive leads from the same vendor.

I remember when i would receive the same name from multiple vendors at the same time; affiliates would sell the lead to multiple vendors; insure me and 4free quotes and abc leads would all charge me for the same name. That was a lot of fin: paying 70 bucks for a name. Sure glad i no longer need to pay for leads.

Back