Question about Humana's Medicare Supplement

What happened to Plan J is going to happen to Plan F, you watch, lol. Any program that doesn't allow fresh younger 65 enrollments in will not be able to keep the cost down. The ones left in Plan F are going to get older and their health will not get better. You need people entering and exiting a plan to keep the cost down. I will not write a Plan F unless my client knows my concerns and he/she will not enroll into the G or N. Just my thought.

Don't you just love these new members who think they know everything? I sell what the client wants. Most know what they want before I meet with them because they have a friend or family member who recommended they buy a certain plan. Just because Plan F may go away doesn't mean anything. Aetna/Continental Life stopped selling coverage in FL years ago and my parents policies are still very competitively priced. Very few rate increases. They have had their policies over 20 years.

What happened to Plan J is going to happen to Plan F, you watch, lol. Any program that doesn't allow fresh younger 65 enrollments in will not be able to keep the cost down. The ones left in Plan F are going to get older and their health will not get better. You need people entering and exiting a plan to keep the cost down. I will not write a Plan F unless my client knows my concerns and he/she will not enroll into the G or N. Just my thought.

You don’t understand the FL market. It’s ok. Plan J didn’t have any bigger increases than F.
Plan G was a bad purchase up until 1/1/18. You would save about $14/month to choose G so no one wanted it.
Now it’s a better buy, so I show it.
But you can’t prove to me the plan F will have a bigger increase than G in FL.

I may be a new member, but an experienced agent. Things might be different in FL, but I know Ohio well. Plan F rate increases will not go high until 2020 when no one will be allowed to enter into the plan. Keep putting your clients in the Plan F and you will see what happens. They will be stuck in their policy and will not be able to switch (Unless they have UHC) while their premiums jump through the roof.

I may be a new member, but an experienced agent. Things might be different in FL, but I know Ohio well. Plan F rate increases will not go high until 2020 when no one will be allowed to enter into the plan. Keep putting your clients in the Plan F and you will see what happens. They will be stuck in their policy and will not be able to switch (Unless they have UHC) while their premiums jump through the roof.

Believe me, we all know what you are talking about here. All the other agents sell plan G over F too. It’s nothing new.
But convincing clients to spend more money a year ago, to possibly save money one day wasn’t going to fly.

Again, plan J had the exact same increase as F here. And every other letter for that matter.
AARP UHC is the top dog here. I’m sure your state is different as well. But they can switch within UHC.
I haven’t done one plan F outside of UHC

I understand and agree with you. Ohio is different. Ohio has a Plan G through Medical Mutual for $106 per month for 65M or 65F. I have been writing a ton of them.

I think last year a plan G was about a $1 or 2 less than a F. This was pre-July. No one chose a G. I don’t think I’ve seen any in FL but I’m sure I’ll start running into them now with them being released.

Back