Question for Agents

a couple of assholes in this section of the forum, huh? guy asked the same question in more than one spot on the forum to get a quicker response and hopefully a number of people to answer him....for a new agent 5 carriers is a lot, no need to be an asshole..if you don't like the questions, simply don't answer them. fearsback if you need anything feel free to build up your number of posts and PM me.

Well, my new stalker certainly added alot of answers for the OP

Well, my new stalker certainly added alot of answers for the OP

Mr. Red Blooded American,

I'm not sure who you are, however it's my impression from several weeks of being on this website and reading almost all the posts going back to the beginning that you are a successful independent agent in Arizona.

In my own quest to learn which as a result had me reading posts going back years and years to see what was discussed, I see many people that ask generic and vague questions and many times you have come in with the same kind of remark that I was thinking or would have responded with. In some cases though my impression is that people like me that are new to sales but have more knowledge than your average "noob" poster that asks something so generic and vague that nobody could answer; very much want the advice of successful people like you, however, some of the responses can be perceived as you not wanting to be very helpful and I know this is not the case at all.

My point is that for example when I first started posting I did not know all the rules yet and posted several times back to back because I did not know that a mod had to approve first and thought initially that for some reason it was not going through. Possibly the reason for this OP posting a few times or even as I have done, been not sure what section of the forum to put it in and want advice from the best in the business like yourself.

The other day I was surfing older threads and commented on one. Everytime someone does this the response is that the thread is old and my perception in your reply is that there was no need to post on an old thread. The issue is that if newbies do not do this then the reply that you give to many of them when posting a new thread on something that has been talked about is to read the old threads. When you go to older threads that general topic may have been talked about and you may have further questions or something to add to it. My concern is that if you want us not to post new threads on items that have been brought up many times before (sometimes this goes back several years and things change in time though), then the only other option is to start a new thread on something that has been discussed before.

Sorry for rambling on....it just seems to me anyway that when I want to ask a question and get advice from the best in the business that I'm screwed if I start a new thread on soemthing already dicussed but if I just read old threads that it's frowned upon to bring an old thread up either. Which would you prefer?

Thanks for yours and the advice from all the people so far. This is a great resource!

Back