Question on FMM and LUTC

I bought mine a few years ago and paid more for it back then. I'm sure they've made some improvements and updates since then. Also, at the time, we had monthly group webinars rather than 3 months of individual one-on-one coaching. The tool kit is just that - it gives you a great deal of tools. The most important ones, other than the large amounts of reading... are the Excel Templates and the Power Point presentations. Also, the audio prospecting training is pretty good too. IMO, if you really want to unlock the power of it, you'll need the Advanced Fact-Finding DVDs - either purchase them separately, or subscribe to their members only site. Without it, you have HALF of a system. I felt that the kit, by itself, was good, but I really didn't know how to do a fact-find. Yet, if you do the members only site and view the videos, you'll know what to do, but not have the tools to make it as efficient and effective as possible. I'd do both - the MITK and the members site or Advanced Fact-Finding DVD set. You will feel incomplete to have one without the other. While that can look like I'm trying to "upgrade" you or "cross-sell" you, I'm truly telling you of my experience. You can't learn how to do a fact-find by reading a manual. You need to see it and hear it. Plus, the "5-minute presentations" that Lew teaches are GREAT to do during your fact-finding. The tool kit doesn't talk about those AT ALL. That's why I highly recommend doing both. In fact, while there is a Power Point on a "5 minute lesson on life insurance" included in the tool kit... it's far more effective to do it by hand that Lew will teach you via video.

I joined the monthly version & watched the 5 videos, but have not purchased the kit yet... How many times a week or month do you use this strategy?

There's a LOT more than just "5 videos". The Trusted Advisor Success Training videos alone have 12 segments in them - each about an hour or so.

If you're asking me how often I use what I've learned, I'll tell you that I use it every single time. If you're asking my frequency of prospecting and appointments... those are individual to me, my skills, my schedule, my local demographics, etc.

Plus, I've enhanced my process for me and my level of experience and understanding of advanced concepts. That's one of the nicest things about the IPS methods... is that you can build upon it. You're not "locked into" one way of doing things, so you can mold it to fit your style and tools that you want to use. But you can't build upon anything until you have a solid foundation.

I don't use the Excel templates anymore. I use Torrid Technologies RetirementView software. It allows me to have a planning conversation with people about their situation, how their finances coordinate, and how much additional money they need for a worry-free retirement. I do this because it's engaging and it cuts down my case preparation time. However, I still use the principles that IPS taught me (as well as other sources) to enhance my presentation as well as qualify the prospect well in advance.

There's a LOT more than just "5 videos". The Trusted Advisor Success Training videos alone have 12 segments in them - each about an hour or so. If you're asking me how often I use what I've learned, I'll tell you that I use it every single time. If you're asking my frequency of prospecting and appointments... those are individual to me, my skills, my schedule, my local demographics, etc. Plus, I've enhanced my process for me and my level of experience and understanding of advanced concepts. That's one of the nicest things about the IPS methods... is that you can build upon it. You're not "locked into" one way of doing things, so you can mold it to fit your style and tools that you want to use. But you can't build upon anything until you have a solid foundation. I don't use the Excel templates anymore. I use Torrid Technologies RetirementView software. It allows me to have a planning conversation with people about their situation, how their finances coordinate, and how much additional money they need for a worry-free retirement. I do this because it's engaging and it cuts down my case preparation time. However, I still use the principles that IPS taught me (as well as other sources) to enhance my presentation as well as qualify the prospect well in advance.

Thank you - you answered what I was asking. Thanks for pointing me to them!

----------

There's a LOT more than just "5 videos". The Trusted Advisor Success Training videos alone have 12 segments in them - each about an hour or so. If you're asking me how often I use what I've learned, I'll tell you that I use it every single time. If you're asking my frequency of prospecting and appointments... those are individual to me, my skills, my schedule, my local demographics, etc. Plus, I've enhanced my process for me and my level of experience and understanding of advanced concepts. That's one of the nicest things about the IPS methods... is that you can build upon it. You're not "locked into" one way of doing things, so you can mold it to fit your style and tools that you want to use. But you can't build upon anything until you have a solid foundation. I don't use the Excel templates anymore. I use Torrid Technologies RetirementView software. It allows me to have a planning conversation with people about their situation, how their finances coordinate, and how much additional money they need for a worry-free retirement. I do this because it's engaging and it cuts down my case preparation time. However, I still use the principles that IPS taught me (as well as other sources) to enhance my presentation as well as qualify the prospect well in advance.

Sorry to bug you again on this subject. I'm researching the concept and was about to pull the trigger on producing the product. However, it looks like they use in index or a variable product. Is this correct and I would need to get a different license?

You can use a whole life, indexed life, variable life... whatever competitive cash value product you want. Only variable life products require securities licenses and an appointment with a broker/dealer.

Keep in mind that the excel templates doesn't take the place of whatever illustration you use. It's simply a supplemental illustration and isn't valid without the official illustration you use for your chosen company.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and one of the older 5-minute video presentations shows how to compare a stock-market-based product vs a fixed interest product. A steady return can outperform a variable return over a long period of time because you are avoiding the negative volatility.

Last edited:
The good people at Insurance Pro Shop must be spying on my posts.

http://www.insuranceproshop.com/PresidentsDay.html

They have a special deal going on where if you buy one of their systems, you get the fact-finding DVD set for free! It's just a special promotion, but since I've often talked about their systems being "Half a system" without the DVDs... this sounds like a fantastic promotion!

Just thought I'd share.

The good people at Insurance Pro Shop must be spying on my posts. http://www.insuranceproshop.com/PresidentsDay.html They have a special deal going on where if you buy one of their systems, you get the fact-finding DVD set for free! It's just a special promotion, but since I've often talked about their systems being "Half a system" without the DVDs... this sounds like a fantastic promotion! Just thought I'd share.

Jeremy over there has been great! I am going back through the course one more time before implantation.

Back