Question on PDP Tier Copays for 2024

Duaine

Guru
100+ Post Club
Ok, so we have some PDP's with percents of "retail" costs on Tiers 3 & 4 for 2024. With the all of the various monies flowing to pay the drug costs such as manufacturer discounts etc how will we really be able to tell our clients what they will be paying out of their pockets each month for those drugs?
werewolf0433_An_ape_like_figure_named_Al_Gorithm_cinematic_work_77416319-56de-4c78-91a3-bff5709cb483.png

Percentages (vs dollar amount copay's) offer "protection" for the issuing carrier and none for the insured.

If someone asks "How much will this cost?" the only thing I can offer is "You will only pay 25% of the cost, the remaining 75% is paid by the carrier". They rarely press me for more info.

The drug report generated by S&S illustrates a dollar amount for budgeting purposes.

1) Work with a CRM that saves every drug list you run and show people. Just in case.

2) Warn them that prices can and will change.

3) Remind them that it is irritating to drug manufacturers when consumers know and care how much drugs cost at the point of sale. Staring in 2025 your annual Part D drug costs will be projected out for the year and divided by 12 and paid direct to the Part D carrier, capped at $167 month. Everything will be bliss after that.

I give them the S&S report and tell them this is an ESTIMATE of what your costs may look like. Anything more is digging your grave.

All my clients have plan G + OM but I don't even tell them your OOP for health care won't exceed the Part B deductible.

I give them the S&S report and tell them this is an ESTIMATE of what your costs may look like. Anything more is digging your grave.

All my clients have plan G + OM but I don't even tell them your OOP for health care won't exceed the Part B deductible.

Good idea, because about that time they will get a 26.00 bill for prescriptions during hospital stay and come whining but you said…..

Back