Questions About Submitted Application

I totally agree with you on all points, besides the fact that it's a financial and criminal risk, I just don't feel comfortable ethically

Do you think this whole online application process just leads to error and rushing,though? I really do think that sitting down with agents is the way to go. I'm far from a technophobe (it's my livelihood after all), but I think that in some cases, especially major life impacting decisions like insurance should have more care taken.

This had nothing to do with the online app, and everything to do with his lack of ethics. Please just remember, this guy is the exception and not the norm.

Do you think this whole online application process just leads to error and rushing,though? I really do think that sitting down with agents is the way to go.

not really. Here's the deal though, it's going to be very tough if not downright impossible to find an independent health agent in FL, who is an expert in individual health to sit down with you. Most agents who specialize in indy health conduct business over the phone/online, they can generate more business that way. You are likely to end up getting pushed BCBSFL by a captive agent or some State Farm agent will sell you Assurant which is way over priced and has a crappy network.

Contact YAgents if you need a fl agent. He's a good guy.

Mark, good guys don't make great agents. By accident, I'm both :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Bob, GR's online app process requires applicant to review before submission, even though the agent can do 90% of app.

not really. Here's the deal though, it's going to be very tough if not downright impossible to find an independent health agent in FL, who is an expert in individual health to sit down with you. Most agents who specialize in indy health conduct business over the phone/online, they can generate more business that way. You are likely to end up getting pushed BCBSFL by a captive agent or some State Farm agent will sell you Assurant which is way over priced and has a crappy network.

Contact YAgents if you need a fl agent. He's a good guy.

awesome, thanks for the tip!

Do you think this whole online application process just leads to error and rushing,though?

Has nothing to do with it.

You found a bad apple that either does not understand the process or willfully chose to hide things of which he had knowledge in order to make the sale.

I have used online apps for years and have never once taken advantage of my client or the carrier.

I totally agree with you on all points, besides the fact that it's a financial and criminal risk, I just don't feel comfortable ethically

Do you think this whole online application process just leads to error and rushing,though? I really do think that sitting down with agents is the way to go. I'm far from a technophobe (it's my livelihood after all), but I think that in some cases, especially major life impacting decisions like insurance should have more care taken.

Phwoar, I'd like to commend you for your integrity and attention to detail. Sometimes we hear about agents who lie like this one did, and it damages the reputation of all agents. Sometimes clients lie - we've all had that happen to us. More often, clients are confused, and don't know to check the application that is included in the final contract. You've shown high integrity, and honest attention to details. You're in the top 5% of all clients in that regard! Thank-you for sharing your concerns, because it's refreshing to hear your comments.

Phwoar, I'd like to commend you for your integrity and attention to detail. Sometimes we hear about agents who lie like this one did, and it damages the reputation of all agents. Sometimes clients lie - we've all had that happen to us. More often, clients are confused, and don't know to check the application that is included in the final contract. You've shown high integrity, and honest attention to details. You're in the top 5% of all clients in that regard! Thank-you for sharing your concerns, because it's refreshing to hear your comments.

no thank you guys (and girls) on this forum, I'm happy that I've found a good honest resource, I've dealt with a few agents who are all too quick to "leave things out", "don't worry about that car accident, it was a long time ago" etc..etc.. so good to know there's good guys around :)

I tired to get hold of Yagents, but couldn't because I'm not allowed to PM yet - 10 posts to go...could you contact me directly?

Back