Questions about the effects of A type of retirement group plans

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I have not run into this for at least 5 years but a referral source needs me to help with this situation

Client has the type of group retirement plan where they pay only up to $5000 in drug cov, When that runs out they no longer pay

I kind of remember issues with this but I am not sure I remember everything correctly

Do these plans not count as credible cov is there a penalty if they purchase a part D

is this either or where they cannot have both I pretty sure they cant but want to be 100% accurate in the info I give

I have not run into this for at least 5 years but a referral source needs me to help with this situation

Client has the type of group retirement plan where they pay only up to $5000 in drug cov, When that runs out they no longer pay

I kind of remember issues with this but I am not sure I remember everything correctly

Do these plans not count as credible cov is there a penalty if they purchase a part D

is this either or where they cannot have both I pretty sure they cant but want to be 100% accurate in the info I give

Most likely not creditable since part D has no limit.He should get annual letters from carrier telling him if it is creditable or do a three way call to rx plan.

Most likely not creditable since part D has no limit.He should get annual letters from carrier telling him if it is creditable or do a three way call to rx plan.

It's been awhile since I have been an employee and received those letters, but I thought the employer was the one obligated to send them out.

Back