Quick Prospecting Idea for Critical Illness

g-squared

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hey, I stole this from another thread in another forum

http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/we-write-100-p-c-policies-month-good-thread21728.html

3.) Where your companys shirt & every single place you do business (gas station, grocery store, restaraunt) MAKE CASUAL CONVERSATION "how are you doing today"...they will respond with some short "good & you?"---here's where "up-beat attitude & a friendly energy opens your door "Long day, had an insured get rear ended by an 18 wheeler, but thank god their ok" That "18 wheeler" phrase will throw a stick into the casual energy of that conversation, it imprints you simply off the magnitude of those words. As you pull out your wallet to pay...yank a card. When they give the receipt just say "Alright have a good day & heres my card if you'd ever like an Allstate auto insurance quote...just dont get rear ended by 18 wheelers!" BOOM! you will get 2.5/10
Here's my modified version for critical illness and life insurance:

Wear your company’s shirt & every single place you do business (gas station, grocery store, restaurants) MAKE CASUAL CONVERSATION "how are you doing today"...they will respond with some short "good & you?"---Here's where an up-beat attitude & a friendly energy opens the door …
"Long day, had a client who had a heart attack, but thank god they’re okay and we’re going to put a check for $50,000 in their hands in a few days, so that helps. "
That "heart attack" phrase will throw a stick of dynamite into the casual energy of that conversation, it imprints you simply off the magnitude of those words. As you pull out your wallet to pay...yank a card. When they give the receipt just say "All right have a good day & here’s my card if you'd ever like a life insurance or critical illness insurance quote!" BOOM! you will get 2.5/10

I like the first one better and I'll tell you why. He doesn't mention insurance and it comes off like he has a personal relationship with his clients. This one (to me anyway) comes off too salesy.

Back