Quomation; Comparative Rater

Does anyone here use Quomation? I really like what I see and for the price it can't be beat.

Anyone have any real experience. I know I closed a Kemper package deal because I had the trial version ($2100 in premium).

SUMMARY: When the Quomation software product failed to access (Bridge) to some of my most competitive carrier's applications, I lost customers and was bound by Quomations 90 Cancellation Policy and a denial of refund.

PRODUCT PERFORMANCE: Several companies that Quomation listed on their software program, did notbridge to the applications. This basically made the product useless for me because I had to go directly to the carriers website and duplicate my efforts by having to enter all the same client data again and then print the app. With one carrier, I had to have them fax me the application and do a mail in after I found out the Quomation bridge was not compatible--even though the carrier was listed as being compatible! Quomation tech support could not fix it and referred me back to the carrier who told me that they had advised Quomation of the incompatibility due to incomplete programming, yet Quomation did not remove them from their compatibility list!

CUSTOMER SERVICE: After detailing my complaint and taking a couple of screen shots of the carrier list and asking for a full refund, I received NO REPLY. After another email to them I was told this; You are obligated to give 90 days notice to cancel and our policy is to not give refunds for the set-up.

OPINION:
TWO OF MY DM'S HAD TOLD ME TO GO WITH THE FSC COMPARATIVE RATER AND I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED! MY BOTTOM LINE FOR ANY NEW AGENT OR BROKER CONSIDERING QUOMATION: "PAY A LITTLE EXTRA PER MONTH AND AVOID ALOT OF HEADACHES. MANY CARRIERS THAT I HAVE WANTED TO GET APPOINTMENTS WITH TO BE COMPETITIVE IN MY MARKET HAVE TOLD ME THAT I CAN ONLY WRITE BUSINESS WITH THEM THROUGH FSC RATER.

I sincerely hope my personal experience and this review lends some insight into Quomation, their software, and the company. Good Luck and have fun in the business!

Last edited:
I like Quomation but have come across an issue that others have previously stated. The price tends to be incorrect for most quotes that I run. I end up having to rerun the quote through the respective companies to verify the price. Another thing is that when you use quomation it won't pull current insurance info or reg reports that would normally show up if you manually ran the quote directly through the companies website. Met Auto allows you pull all reports for free (at least for me) and quomation won't do that. This negates the time saved by using it and therefore I usually find myself running them manually anyway.

Does anyone here use Quomation? I really like what I see and for the price it can't be beat.

Anyone have any real experience. I know I closed a Kemper package deal because I had the trial version ($2100 in premium).

Bobson,

I know that we can help you with a quoting software package you are looking for and we have carriers (Preferred and Non-Standard) in California already set up. We can offer you a demo at no charge.

Shoot me an email and we can talk more in detail.

Regards,

Jeff

the one thing i noticed with raters - is they are like GPS devices. these are incredibly complex and difficult to program software packages. you are dealing with dozens of carriers all with different rules and ways to write business. If the rater gets you in the right direction, like a GPS and then you realize the address is on the opposite side of the road, you don't throw out the GPS - it at least got you there. Quomation is priced for the masses. other rates are priced for the classes. Just decide which one you are and pick!

At Harvey Insurance, we believe that insurance needs are a lot like fingerprints – they are all different. That’s why we offer a complete line of personal and business insurance products at competitive prices to suit your individual needs.

Our insurance solutions are devised from years of experience in listening and understanding our valued customer's needs. Whether you are an individual or a business owner, we have insurance plans that will be designed for you and no one else.
Harvey Insurance Associates

At Harvey Insurance, we believe that insurance needs are a lot like fingerprints – they are all different. That’s why we offer a complete line of personal and business insurance products at competitive prices to suit your individual needs.

Our insurance solutions are devised from years of experience in listening and understanding our valued customer's needs. Whether you are an individual or a business owner, we have insurance plans that will be designed for you and no one else.
Harvey Insurance Associates

That's beautiful... I've got a tear in my eye, and I want to buy an auto policy from you... But what does this have to do with Quomation or comparative raters???

QUOMATION COMPARATIVE RATER - A CALIFORNIA BROKER'S REVIEW
PRICE: $199 SET-UP +$125 / MONTHLY FOR A TOTAL OF $324.00 START UP FEES.
SUMMARY: When the Quomation software product failed to access (Bridge) to some of my most competitive carrier's applications, I lost customers and was bound by Quomations 90 Cancellation Policy and a denial of refund.
PRODUCT PERFORMANCE: Several companies that Quomation listed on their software program, did notbridge to the applications. This basically made the product useless for me because I had to go directly to the carriers website and duplicate my efforts by having to enter all the same client data again and then print the app. With one carrier, I had to have them fax me the application and do a mail in after I found out the Quomation bridge was not compatible--even though the carrier was listed as being compatible! Quomation tech support could not fix it and referred me back to the carrier who told me that they had advised Quomation of the incompatibility due to incomplete programming, yet Quomation did not remove them from their compatibility list!
CUSTOMER SERVICE: After detailing my complaint and taking a couple of screen shots of the carrier list and asking for a full refund, I received NO REPLY. After another email to them I was told this; You are obligated to give 90 days notice to cancel and our policy is to not give refunds for the set-up.
OPINION:
TWO OF MY DM'S HAD TOLD ME TO GO WITH THE FSC COMPARATIVE RATER AND I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED! MY BOTTOM LINE FOR ANY NEW AGENT OR BROKER CONSIDERING QUOMATION: "PAY A LITTLE EXTRA PER MONTH AND AVOID ALOT OF HEADACHES. MANY CARRIERS THAT I HAVE WANTED TO GET APPOINTMENTS WITH TO BE COMPETITIVE IN MY MARKET HAVE TOLD ME THAT I CAN ONLY WRITE BUSINESS WITH THEM THROUGH FSC RATER.
I sincerely hope my personal experience and this review lends some insight into Quomation, their software, and the company. Good Luck and have fun in the business!

Trust me. The majority of agents do not have McCloud's unfortunate experience. I have met agents with problems like McClouds but it is rare. FSC is an excellent product. Quomation is a value play. We have hammered this way too long.

No need for duplicate posting to get your point across.

Gulliver

Back