Quote Forms on Front Page

Sweepstakes might be illegal in your area. I was giving Jack a hard time. Lead companies are notorious for providing incentives to fill out quote requests.

I always thought having enough information to follow up call with a rate is better than calling saying oh i see youre interested, i need more information from you.

I thought about making a name email phone form, and then after it submits, another form pops up, to reduce time you can fill this out or wait for me to contact you.

What do you guys think?

I agree with the first statement. I would rather call/email back with prices than with questions.

As for providing a short form followed by a longer form? I don't know. Web design isn't exactly one of my stronger skills to put it nicely. You would probably have to A/B test that to see.... But if they submit a first form, I would set it up as a landing page to the 2nd form (not having a "pop-up" form). with pop-up's they may have a blocker and never see the 2nd form. Perhaps a short form on a contact us page would work instead? That way, the longer form stays front and center.

----------

But I would highly discourage the ipad sweepstakes giveaway idea, even if it is legal in your state.

Remember that the ultimate goal is to sell policies, not acquire leads. All that may do is keep you busy running quotes for people who aren't really interested. (consider all the bad things agents on here have said about the quality of incentivized leads).

Last edited:
Whenever you offer something for free, you will receive some garbage response or people who just want the give-away. I would always recommend against it. If you want to get real leads that are not wasting your time.

An incentive to you existing policy holders is something that I would encourage. Asking clients for referrals, with the idea that for every referral you give you get a chance to win something is a good way to reward good clients and potentially get more good clients.

Back