Re-Certification

insuranceconceptscindy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Las Vegas
When do you guys do your re-certs for the year? AHIP has had their materials out for a week or so, UHC has theirs, do you wait for all of your carriers and do it in one really long day, or one at a time as they pop up?

Me? I'm doing them all at the end of the month. One really long day. . .:SLEEP:

AHIP done on Sunday, carrier re-certs spaced out. Sure hope I don't come across any FWA modules as it is included with AHIP this year. Enough redundancy already.

Ahip done Friday

Now I'm going to see how many carriers I can do this week (since its a slow week)
I find it to be distracting with too many tests open ended for too long

Last year I thought would do them on weekends so it did not interfere with sales

but every one had some technical bug that I had to wait till mon morn to call about then I would get busy
and next thing you know its the end of September and I still had a couple carriers to do

Looks like AHIP went up $25. The biggest waste of time, effort, and money in our industry just got the slightest *bit* more annoying.

----------

I thought if you did AHIP you didn't have to do the company one (like UHC) ?

AHIP will take place of a few of UHC's courses, but you still have to do their main recertification exam, as well as the specific products training and exams.

Looks like AHIP went up $25. The biggest waste of time, effort, and money in our industry just got the slightest *bit* more annoying.

Best business model ever. Charge whatever you want, add a couple of stupid questions every year and soak every medicare agent (or whoever is paying it for them) in America once a year.

Footnote: This is not an answer in the FWA section.

Last edited:
uhc certs opened today, i started them and i got locked out, it said i started ahip so i couldn't do the courses individually which is stupid, i don't do ahip so here i sit waiting on a "service ticket" before i can go any further.
We do not have Humana or any other company available yet in Fl for me.

Back