Real Time Leads Contact Ratio on the First Day

You Yankee's always thought you were better than us.

Mark, have you been taking spelling lessons from Peeler?

wow closing 1:15 would make me happy not including cross sales, referrals....etc...

the reason for the thread was to see if real time leads are worth it compared to 3 to 7 day old aged leads, which I know the value and ROI is in the aged leads....

I usually could only get 20% of the leads I bought to ever answer the phone over a 1-2 wk period, mb 25%...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Peeler's a funny guy, I thought it would be funny to imitate him...

u gots a problemo wit that hoss?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Peeler's a funny guy, I thought it would be funny to imitate him...

u gots a problemo wit that hoss?

Last edited:
for those of you who purchase internet leads in so called "real time", what % answer the phone on the same day you receive them?
I've handled thousands of leads for the last 16 years, the raw data , which agents never see, indicate that nearly 40% want to contacted after 5pm. High speed dialers that I have run at upwards of 8000 calls per hour, ( when it was legal ) also seem to confirm this. I hope this info helps.

When we ran as an agency we kept the contact rate data in detail.

We found that with exclusive leads you contact about 20% on the first day if you call when you receive the lead.

If you called the lead once a day for the next 3 days, the contact rate would go up to 50% within the first 7 days.

After that, if you called once a week for the next 5 weeks, you would contact about 75% of your leads. Agents who did not have a system for calling their leads have reported contact rates as low as 40%. For agents who called after the first week and reported solid contact systems, we have had reports of contact rates in the 80-90% range at the high end.

We also found that 50% of sales occur more than 3 weeks after a lead is received - regardless of the source (yes we bought leads as well as developed our own back then).

A good reason to get a dialer and call your old leads - most agents just give up after the first few days and just focus on the fresh leads. Big mistake...

(Please note - We don't sell insurance anymore and have not since we entered the lead business - and I'm happy to tell anyone why I made that decision. The short story is my business concept for the agency was flawed and we had to change directions. So instead of moving toward a more traditional agency model, I chose to provide the leads we were already generating to independent agents.)

Last edited:
I challenge anyone to come anywhere close to that contact ratio in today's market.

Based on leads I purchased in the past, those that were given to me by carriers, as well as those generated on my own site, at least 40% of them have bogus contact information, and people who don't have voice mail (or never check it and never pick up the phone).

The latest thing people do now is give you their home phone number. Then, they never answer it. They know friends call on their cell phone, telemarketers call on the home phone.

Not true in every case, but its a very big rising trend.

Dan

Yep. No one has our personal cell numbers but family and friends. So when our house phone rings we know not to answer it.

And when the 20-somethings get to be 40-somethings probably all residential telemarketing will be dead.

I have caller ID on my business line, but not on the home phone.

Someone calls on the business line, if they are anonymous or toll free, or no name attached, I let it go to voice mail.

On the home phone we have one of those $20 combination answering machines and call screener. It goes to the machine, if we want to talk to the person on the line we pick up. Otherwise they leave a message that is almost always deleted.

During election season, which seems to start 15 months before the election, we get a ton of calls to the home phone. My rule is not to vote for the ones who do robocalls.

As for prospect leads, if I can get in touch with a third of the self generated leads I feel I am doing well.

Back