Reflections from AEP

15 client's per day was nothing because all I had to do was punch in their username and password from last year and pick a new plan. Wasn't rocket science.

You signed up 100 Medicare Advantage people at the end of your seminar? Good luck with compliance!

He did say seminars plural and if he gave a compliant seminar how would collecting 100 be any different then collecting one. You can always get help from another licensed agent or two if you think you are going to write a poop ton at the end of your seminars. Heck, if your that good most carrier reps would be glad to assist.

Last edited:
I found that the loss of so many $0 MAPD Plans was a real challenge. However the Annual Deductible for medications really hit hard. The existing clients I have in my book of business are still calling me after having a melt-down in line at the pharmacy when they found out they needed to shell out $320 just to pick up a med. This is a lot of money to many people to pay in one lump sum. My people don't read their mail. Perhaps the carriers can place a courtesy call to the beneficiaries when a big change like this happens? Or, perhaps allow them to pay a deductible in quarterly installments. Just some ideas off the top of my head. Boy, am I glad I don't work as a cashier in a Pharmacy. If I did I would take the month of January off!

In NJ this past AEP was extremely uneventful as no one was really competitive and no carrier made any moves to be competitive and so a lot people stayed put. While that was welcome news to my renewal block, it didn't do much for new business.
I like the Scope forms, I like the protection it affords both client and producer.
My 2 Walmart locations worked well and I am looking for even bigger better things this year as I have a clue now.
My seminars were ok at best but I have a few things cooking that may help improve that lackluster performance.
For the 2016 AEP to be a success in NJ, we need a major player like Aetna to get competitive with their MAPD product to force people to move. Other wise here in Ocean County NJ, folks will just stay with United and Geisinger and we will see the same AEP as we did last year.

Back