Remember the Basics

Aaron_4SIGHT

Guru
100+ Post Club
I know it sounds silly, but we often forget the basics... When someone types "carpet cleaning" to a search engine, they aren't looking to find the site with the most back-links or best SEO. In fact, they aren't even looking to find the site with the best unique content. Nope. They're looking for someone to clean their carpets. This is why search engines are starting to rank social signals much more heavily. If your friends like a carpet cleaner, shouldn't that company show up better than the one with thousands of anonymous backlinks?

Recent updates to Google have moved "over-optimized" websites down in the rankings. The importance in the number of backlinks seems to be decreased. Even great content isn't helping as much as it used to. So what's going on?

I think we're starting to see the impact of something I talked about in two videos just over a year ago:

Video 45: How Search Engines Are Evolving To Help Insurance Prospects Find What They | Methodology

Video 46: How to Show Search Engines And Prospects You are A Legit Insurance Agent | Methodology

It's time to dig a little deeper in your traffic strategy. How do you show search engines that your business, and not just your website, is the right place for people to go when looking for insurance? What signals can you provide? I give a few examples in the second video, but I think this is just the start...

Aaron

Back