Renewels

One thing newbies need to understand is that renewals take a back-seat to properly placing clients with the best product.

A 105% contract with 19% renewals doesn't mean crap if the policy gets replaced in Month 10 with a 115% contract with 5% renewals that stays on the books a few years.

One thing newbies need to understand is that renewals take a back-seat to properly placing clients with the best product.

A 105% contract with 19% renewals doesn't mean crap if the policy gets replaced in Month 10 with a 115% contract with 5% renewals that stays on the books a few years.

I have to disagree with you on this one. The 5% renewals are chopped down by several IMO or uplines for obvious reasons. Some even have a nice zero renewals.

For FE, renewals should be closer to the 10% for the filed agents.

I have to disagree with you on this one. The 5% renewals are chopped down by several IMO or uplines for obvious reasons. Some even have a nice zero renewals.

What he's saying is that most companies that have the higher renewals have the higher premiums and will probably not stay on the books long because they'll be replaced by a company that has lower premiums (and lower renewals).

10%? Maybe at the RMO/IMO level; definitely not for the field agent at street comps.

If you are dealing with an IMO that isn't trying to gauge you, your final expense renewals will range between 4% to 10%, with most in the 6% to 7% area.

Additionally, many carriers are increasing FYC in lowering renewals in the 6-10 year range. Transamerica did this a few years ago.

One thing newbies need to understand is that renewals take a back-seat to properly placing clients with the best product. A 105% contract with 19% renewals doesn't mean crap if the policy gets replaced in Month 10 with a 115% contract with 5% renewals that stays on the books a few years.

EXACTLY!!! And do you notice the carriers mentioned above with the HIGHEST renewals are some of the WORST carriers to deal with in FE. Most carriers mentioned have either HIGH priced products or hard to deal with underwriting.

I. E...UHL, Columbian, Settlers, Assurity

Back