Republicans Will Shut Down Government To Block Obamacare

STIBROKER

Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,,
Texas
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...523.1073741828.173937049428689&type=1&theater

Republicans Will Shut Down Government To Block Obamacare
Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) declared on Monday that he and other congressional Republicans would be willing to shut down the federal government in order to block further implementation of President Barack Obama's health care reform law.

Speaking on Fox News, Lee said Republicans determined that refusing to fund Obamacare was the "last stop" before the individual mandate and the law's health insurance exchanges are set to go into effect at the beginning of next year.

Government shutdown looms over ObamaCare - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com

There's stories on this all over the place. It's certainly doable, but they must know they're taking themselves down and trying to bring the Dem's and PPACA with them.

It's like kids fighting over a cookie until Dad comes over and eats it, traditional lose/lose situation. Dems lose Obamacare, Reps lose trust/credibility/chances at re-election.

That, or they find a loophole to get a budget passed without approval. I'm sure we agree that this administration doesn't mind bending the rules to get what they want.

Government shutdown looms over ObamaCare - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com

There's stories on this all over the place. It's certainly doable, but they must know they're taking themselves down and trying to bring the Dem's and PPACA with them.

It's like kids fighting over a cookie until Dad comes over and eats it, traditional lose/lose situation. Dems lose Obamacare, Reps lose trust/credibility/chances at re-election.

That, or they find a loophole to get a budget passed without approval. I'm sure we agree that this administration doesn't mind bending the rules to get what they want.

He would get re-elected in a second if he made that happen. For some reason people out here love him.

Are we sure it shouldn't read Dems won't give up on Obamacare all the way to the point of shutting down the government?

• Staff
I got to sit in mike lee's chair in DC last month and take some pictures, also visited Rand Paul and Ted Cruz' office.

YEA.....Ted is working it hard also,,,,,,

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...15.530273823&type=1&theater&notif_t=notify_me

1016964_10151790963717464_1838545653_n.jpg

I liked the analogy of dad coming along and eating the cookie...So how can we eat the pubs and Dems cookie?

Reminds me of dear optimist pessimist and realist while you were arguing about the glass of water I drank it. Sincerely the opportunist

Shutting down the government (at least partially) has occurred rather frequently. I don't think it's an effective tool. Just gets a lot of people mad at you...especially if it happens before they feel the PAIN of ObamaCare.

"The government has shut down (partially) a total of 11 times since 1980; the fiscal year 1996 budget battle included two lengthy shutdowns. To avoid or end a government shutdown, the president or Congress must pass either the regular appropriation bill or a continuing resolution."

Source: Budget Showdown 2011: Q & A – How Many Times in US History has the Government Shutdown Over the Budget? | History Musings

ac

Back