Sad stories

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Received a call from a spouse of a man that I wrote a 15YLYT in late December because the guarantee period expired and the monthly premium increased to over $1200 and the company withdrew a premium without her expecting it. I contacted the company and they did send them a letter notifying them what was going to happen. She just ignored it.

When I got in touch with her again she told me to hold off and she would let me know what they decided to do. Come to find out that right after the draft her husband went to the ER with pain all over his body. He had cancer and died on January 13th. All of this within 3 weeks. So glad that she did not demand a refund.

Have a friend of the family who had a liver transplant about 5 years ago. Went to Mayo for his checkup recently and they found lung cancer. I have talked with him multiple times about life insurance. Now the wife and children are realizing what will happen because he has no coverage. His spouse says he didn't get any because of his health but he was very healthy for 50+ years. Sure will be embarrassing to ask for donations for his funeral. They also have a huge mortgage so I am not sure if the wife can keep the house. Life insurance would have solved both issues.

Received a call from a spouse of a man that I wrote a 15YLYT in late December because the guarantee period expired and the monthly premium increased to over $1200 and the company withdrew a premium without her expecting it. I contacted the company and they did send them a letter notifying them what was going to happen. She just ignored it.

When I got in touch with her again she told me to hold off and she would let me know what they decided to do. Come to find out that right after the draft her husband went to the ER with pain all over his body. He had cancer and died on January 13th. All of this within 3 weeks. So glad that she did not demand a refund.

Have a friend of the family who had a liver transplant about 5 years ago. Went to Mayo for his checkup recently and they found lung cancer. I have talked with him multiple times about life insurance. Now the wife and children are realizing what will happen because he has no coverage. His spouse says he didn't get any because of his health but he was very healthy for 50+ years. Sure will be embarrassing to ask for donations for his funeral. They also have a huge mortgage so I am not sure if the wife can keep the house. Life insurance would have solved both issues.
Many of us have similar stories.

How we conduct our business forward tells the lesson.

I wrote a long term care policy for a client and it was placed. Noticed months later that ge was slipping and felt very fortunate that his coverage was direct draft and in place. His daughter cancelled the policy just as he entered nursing care.

Back