Safety Discount State Farm How Can I Get it Back?

Mfig

State Farm removed my dad's vehicle safety discount and will not add it back. Has anyone experienced this before? What are my options to get this discount back if anyone knows. Thanks.

Vehicle: Nissan Rogue 2016/Full Coverage/driver senior citizen

We removed the medical payments coverage but now we want it back and they wont budge. I was told the vehicles rating is not worthy of a vehicle safety discount. I think this is a bunch of baloney. ALL our vehicles have this discount even my Ford Focus 2009 that's the most basic model. I refuse to believe a 2016 Nissan Rogue does not qualify for this discount. Please any guidance would be appreciated.

I keep on getting nothing but lies:

1. The SUVs rating doesn't qualify it for medical payments coverage
2. The vehicle safety discount was done away with and was replaced with the loyalty discount (on my own polices I have both discounts). State Farm still advertises it on its website.

There's nothing illegal about an insurance company taking back a discount. That means there's nothing your can do about it except move your insurance to another company if you can get better rates.

If you shop around you can probably do better than State Farm anyway.

Product offerings from insurers change all of the time. It is called closing a Book in the industry. An insurer cannot take away coverage, only you can do that and you did. Coverage and discounts do not HAVE to be offered by a carrier. You removed the coverage, they do not HAVE to put it back.

State Farm removed my dad's vehicle safety discount and will not add it back. Has anyone experienced this before? What are my options to get this discount back if anyone knows. Thanks.

Vehicle: Nissan Rogue 2016/Full Coverage/driver senior citizen

We removed the medical payments coverage but now we want it back and they wont budge. I was told the vehicles rating is not worthy of a vehicle safety discount. I think this is a bunch of baloney. ALL our vehicles have this discount even my Ford Focus 2009 that's the most basic model. I refuse to believe a 2016 Nissan Rogue does not qualify for this discount. Please any guidance would be appreciated.

I keep on getting nothing but lies:

1. The SUVs rating doesn't qualify it for medical payments coverage
2. The vehicle safety discount was done away with and was replaced with the loyalty discount (on my own polices I have both discounts). State Farm still advertises it on its website.

I’ll tell you how fixed State Farm when they pulled something insanely stupid on me after 25 years as a loyal customer. I kicked them to the curb. I shopped their rates, found a better insurance company with better service AND lower premiums that values their customers.

Don’t feel like you are married for life to ANY insurance company. If they do something that is not in your interest, shop them around and move on.

Thank you! I appreciate everyone's response. I guess it was just a matter of time before they did something like this. My dad has been with them for 15 yrs.

Back