Schumer and Ocasio-Cortez announce funds for families who lost a loved one during Covid but couldn't

J&J may not be as effective against delta variant: COVID updates

FEMA funeral assistance funds not easy to claim

Americans who lost loved ones to COVID-19 can apply for up to $9,000 in funeral assistance, but some are finding it hard to get the money. More than $710 million has so far been distributed to 107,000 people. But some applicants said they struggled to prove to FEMA that their relative had died from COVID if another cause of death, such as underlying conditions like heart disease or diabetes, was listed on the death certificate – especially during the early days of the pandemic when testing was limited. FEMA says it is streamlining the paperwork, but Kalpana Kpoto says she submitted paperwork three times on the FEMA website after her mother died last year. Her documents were finally approved, but she has seen no money

"I'm still waiting," Kpoto said, "It's a process."

Desireé Williams

J&J may not be as effective against delta variant: COVID updates

FEMA funeral assistance funds not easy to claim

Americans who lost loved ones to COVID-19 can apply for up to $9,000 in funeral assistance, but some are finding it hard to get the money. More than $710 million has so far been distributed to 107,000 people. But some applicants said they struggled to prove to FEMA that their relative had died from COVID if another cause of death, such as underlying conditions like heart disease or diabetes, was listed on the death certificate – especially during the early days of the pandemic when testing was limited. FEMA says it is streamlining the paperwork, but Kalpana Kpoto says she submitted paperwork three times on the FEMA website after her mother died last year. Her documents were finally approved, but she has seen no money

"I'm still waiting," Kpoto said, "It's a process."

Desireé Williams

So as long as you die of the Wuhan Flu you get some government money? Why are they not paying out to families who have lost loved ones to other diseases or other tragic events?:huh:

Are not those lives not just as precious and won't their families be just as impacted by senseless loss?:unsure:

I guess they just don't really care. :wideeyed:

Back