Sell Website or Sell Leads

unhinged.com

hi-

i am a producing life and health agent in texas. i dont enjoy selling medicare supplement and would like to exit that part of the business. i have a domain name and website that i believe is very good for med supps. (medigapplans dot com)

Estibot values the domain name at $41,000...which i think is crazy. i am curious what you think the real value of the name and site is. i am thinking about listing it on one of the business broker sites or perhaps in here.

i am also thinking about doing more seo work on the site and then selling the leads. any thougths/feedback would be much apprecaited.

thanks

hi-

i am a producing life and health agent in texas. i dont enjoy selling medicare supplement and would like to exit that part of the business. i have a domain name and website that i believe is very good for med supps. (medigapplans dot com)

Estibot values the domain name at $41,000...which i think is crazy. i am curious what you think the real value of the name and site is. i am thinking about listing it on one of the business broker sites or perhaps in here.

i am also thinking about doing more seo work on the site and then selling the leads. any thougths/feedback would be much apprecaited.

thanks
That website valued mine at zero... lol
Keep the site or sell the leads.

I wonder how those websites come up with a value of your website. I did a google of a couple of mine and got a crazy high price...but I know no one would pay anywhere close to that.

bestinsurance.com

FYI: I don't know who on the forum owns this site, but they might want to hire someone to proof read what they post on their site.:GEEK:
Trust me, we all make mistakes now & then. Just thought the owner might want to know.

From the "Privacy Policy" page:

"At WWW.BESTINSRUACE.COM, the privacy of our visitors is of extreme importance to us. This privacy policy document outlines the types of personal information is received and collected by WWW.BESTINSRUACE.COM and how it is used. "

The site name is miss-spelled in every instance on this page.

I'd sell the leads personally. It costs hardly anything to run a website, so unless you need the cash right now, I'd just make some nice extra monthly income with the leads it can generate.

Assuming that health insurance is your major source of income, after 2014 you may kick yourself if you sell the site. Selling Medicare-related policies may be the best game in town at that point.

Of course those policies are also under legislative attack. This makes it difficult to plan long term.

One strategy would be to sell the leads but retain ownership of the site. This way unless Medicare-related policies are unsellable due to a change in the market or legislation, you keep your options open.

PM me if you are interested in selling the leads, I may know someone who is interested.

Latest posts

Back