Selling DVH As a Loss Leader?

thomasm

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nebraska
I'm looking for a loss leader type product that will help me get in more doors!

My results cold knocking for FE has been pretty dismal lately! The Med Supp market is tiny in my area, and you can't call for MA.

What about approaching seniors about supplementing their medicare with dental, vision, and hearing insurance?

Since medicare doesn't cover this, (although some MA plans have riders) maybe I can get a better response rate approaching people about this?

After all, once I'm at the kitchen table, i can do a needs analysis to uncover what their other insurance needs are. I just need to get to the kitchen table first!

I have Medico's DVH plus in my bag, but I've never used it.

I thinking of going out this Saturday and knock on some doors to see if a DVH approach will get me more appointments.

What do ya'll think a good approach would be? I just need to start building my book of business, and I'll take the path of least resistance if I have too, to get there!

Last edited:
Can someone justify to me why Medicare Supplement clients need a separate cancer plan? I'm being serious by asking because I run into it all the time with someone having an F Plan and then a big old cancer, heart attack plan for $80/month. I understand the hotel stays, travel, etc. but do not feel it justifies spend $1000/year on a plan like this. I know some prescriptions can add up if run through PDP.

I sell the heck out of GTL Hospital Indemnity plan along with lump sum cancer when I put someone on a MAPD but have trouble pushing it on my Med Sup clients. In fact, I usually tell them not to waste their money since they have the F Plan Med Sup.

Can someone justify to me why Medicare Supplement clients need a separate cancer plan? I'm being serious by asking because I run into it all the time with someone having an F Plan and then a big old cancer, heart attack plan for $80/month. I understand the hotel stays, travel, etc. but do not feel it justifies spend $1000/year on a plan like this. I know some prescriptions can add up if run through PDP.

I sell the heck out of GTL Hospital Indemnity plan along with lump sum cancer when I put someone on a MAPD but have trouble pushing it on my Med Sup clients. In fact, I usually tell them not to waste their money since they have the F Plan Med Sup.

Garble garble commission garble...

I agree w plan F it isn't necessary. What state is the original poster in?

Utah. I haven't ran into too many people who have plan F's. I read somewhere (AHIP I think) Utah only has like $30, 000 active plan F recipients statewide! I work lower to middle income though.

Last edited:

There was a discussion on this topic before. I felt the same way you do but rouse had first hand experience and it would have helped him out a lot. I still wouldn't sell it to my med supp clients though. I'd rather them spend it on life insurance first...

To clarify my question, do you think the fact that medicare doesn't cover dental create opportunities for someone to solely focus on selling stand alone dental plans? Is there a market here?

I was thinking of an approach something like this? "How interested would you be in knowing how you could save 60% to 80% off your dental costs?"

I got 80 doors to knock on tomorrow, I'll throw this out there and see if I get any takers!

To clarify my question, do you think the fact that medicare doesn't cover dental create opportunities for someone to solely focus on selling stand alone dental plans? Is there a market here?

I was thinking of an approach something like this? "How interested would you be in knowing how you could save 60% to 80% off your dental costs?"

I got 80 doors to knock on tomorrow, I'll throw this out there and see if I get any takers!

I never found enough value in dental plans to feel comfortable offering them to my clients...

Latest posts

Back